Red Sky

Edit My Images
Yes
thought i'd have a go at silhouettes, not sure if i did it right though
redsky.jpg

any hints..

Looks good to me - seems a little soft around the silhouette, as in some slight fringing, but otherwise I thinks its good. May want to clone out the TV arial though;)

Not keen on the canvas effect though - looks too much like noise and high contrast in the darker areas of the pic.

I like the original pic. The canvas filter one looks awful, though. I reckon you applied the filter to the original image, then scaled it down. Better to scale it first THEN apply filters etc.

I like the first one - looks like a pretty good silhouette to me :) Love the colours in the sky!
Don't like the 2nd one I'm afraid - looks like a canvas that has been folded and put away for several years!

Like the first one best, the colours of the sky are very good

Venomator said:
First is great Stev .. dump the second (imo !) ... good experiment though !

i agree, i love playing around with different things, i wont use that filter again in a hurry.

I love silhouettes especially against varying skies of which we plenty of in the Fens - surprised you could see through the trees of Sherwood. I expose for the sky and then choose the foreground as a black point although there is always somone who will ask for detail in the shadows.

Fangman said:
I love silhouettes especially against varying skies of which we plenty of in the Fens - surprised you could see through the trees of Sherwood. I expose for the sky and then choose the foreground as a black point although there is always somone who will ask for detail in the shadows.

shouldn't ask for details in shadows if your doing a silhouette shot imo, i like this shot and not even touched hue/sat i PS, although the original is somewhat brighter than this posted shot.

many thanks

Back