Red socks

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes

(click for larger)

My musical girlfriend ready to conduct.

(She plays the flute and cello; I play the violin but making a decent sound on the flute continually eludes me.)

...and here's the red socks bit:

(click for larger)

That is a very cool shot. A nice idea and well crafted.

not sure if I'd like even more without the hair that drapes down, probably not. :)

1st is "just" a portrait shot, with direct flash (popup?)
The 2nd is a very good idea. Very eye catching. I'd be tempted to rotate it a weeny bit and crop a bit off the left as there's too much space there

Thanks, I'll try that with the 2nd.

I used direct flash on the first because I wanted the shadow of the stick on her cheek - and everything seems to have more impact and vitality that way. It was with my Vivitar 285 so considerably off to the right of the lens axis - I'd like to never have to use my popup again...

I'll have a Metz 48 AF-1 tomorrow, I hope, so perhaps I can take this further! :D

I think I see the reason for the hair.

To give an edge to the junction between face and cloth.

No hair would blend them together?

HHMMM. Well done in my opinion. FWIW

as was said, the first is fairly typical, nothing amazing in it for me.

The second is really great, but sorry to ruin it, the red socks damage the pic for me. They a just so distracting and draw all the attention away from where it should be (the eye) apart from that its an awesome picture, doesn't need cropping or twisting at all imho.

Just so you know, our vision has been designed by evolution to make red fruit stand out against a background of green leafs and the like, so red really stands out for us (visual popout). Thats what makes these socks so distracting.

Back