Red Squirrels

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
Final managed to find a location where you can get reliable access to Red Squirrels. Made the most of the morning, as the light went about 1pm. Had a great day watching these guys run about, and will be heading back as soona s the weather allows.

4068410309_225aaaf83c_o.jpg

4068413999_888cd5ca37_o.jpg

4069166068_f3f9ff3c77_o.jpg

4069172856_a8e99d20b1_o.jpg

4068416119_04b45511d6_o.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking at :)

A fantastic set of shots if you dont mind me asking where did you take them
Regards
Lost

Now then. I can see I am going to have to up my game.;)

No 1. Great light on this one.Something catches my eye on the tree bark though! Is that the head of a nail I see?

No4 My fav. Maybe clone out the stray heather coming in from the left?

No 5. Nice close up. Did you find they spend a lot of time on the ground?

Glad you finally got some shots. Bet you are hooked now.(y)

I really like number 2, all great shots, but number 2 shades it for me due to the location of the critter........:clap:

I do envy you jammy beggars up in Scotland.....sometimes.....:D

They are lovely.

Thanks Ladysue

Number 3 and last one are awesome!

Well done.
What focal length lens?

Cheers Wigster. I used my Canan 100 - 400 for these photo's. Focal length would have varied depending on distance from me, although I did struggle to get all of the tail in on many shots.

Absolutely STUNNING!!

Ta Dawn

A fantastic set of shots if you dont mind me asking where did you take them
Regards
Lost

Thanks for you comments Lost, but I have ben asked to keep the location quite by the warden who informed me of the location.

Now then. I can see I am going to have to up my game.;)

No 1. Great light on this one.Something catches my eye on the tree bark though! Is that the head of a nail I see?

No4 My fav. Maybe clone out the stray heather coming in from the left?

No 5. Nice close up. Did you find they spend a lot of time on the ground?

Glad you finally got some shots. Bet you are hooked now.(y)

Hi Charlie, a little friendly competition never hurt anyone :LOL:

Thanks for you comments Charlie, they're much appreciated. I'd not seen the nail on the first one, thanks for pointing out.

I'd agree with the heather com ing out, I'd meant to do that and forgotten :bonk:

Spend ages lying on the ground to get these. I had an idea of what shots I was after before going down, so I took a camping ground mat with me, which made it easier.

Well and truely hooked now and will be heading down again before the weeks out (light permitting). Just want that pine martin now!!!

I really like number 2, all great shots, but number 2 shades it for me due to the location of the critter........:clap:

I do envy you jammy beggars up in Scotland.....sometimes.....:D

Thanks Fractser. It's well worth living north of the border, just for these guys.

great shots gerald..you're so lucky to have reds oop north :)

Thanks Stan, you'll have to pay us a visit. :wave:

Last edited:
Cracking set, cant pick a fav, the light is great, they are on my list for my visit to Scotland net week (Dont think I'll get as far up as you though so may not be too lucky).

Nice. 3, 4 and 5 are the best for me (the focusing is a smidge out on no. 2 for my eyes (maybe that's just my eyes though ;)).

If you want to see reds in England get yourself to Patterdale or Grizedale in the Lake District, loads (well, relatively loads) round there. Ennerdale and Miterdale are apparently good sites too.

Awesome, I LOVE this set. 5 cracking shots and a pleasure to look at.

A cracking set Gerald - all work for me and very envious.

Great shots mate im still hunting for somewhere to get shots like this (y)

Cute wee guys, stunning shots

Fantastic Captures love No.4 Very well done

Kirk

Number 4 is my winner, I think it could do with a warming up on PS perhaps. What has annoyed me about these shots is you've technically got them nailed but been dealt with some horrible light :(

Great shots all the same :)

Not much left to say................but excellent set(y)(y)

No 2 is my favourite.........I could swear he's smiling:)

Cracking set, cant pick a fav, the light is great, they are on my list for my visit to Scotland net week (Dont think I'll get as far up as you though so may not be too lucky).

thanks and enjoy your visit north of the border.

Some top class images on this thread
well done

Cheers Buttkicker

Nice and sharp. 1 and 2 are the best juxtaposition of foreground and background colour, for me anyway.

I do agree with you Dan, the warm and cold cololurs to work very well.

Nice. 3, 4 and 5 are the best for me (the focusing is a smidge out on no. 2 for my eyes (maybe that's just my eyes though ;)).

If you want to see reds in England get yourself to Patterdale or Grizedale in the Lake District, loads (well, relatively loads) round there. Ennerdale and Miterdale are apparently good sites too.

Thanks HungryMark. The 1st time I ever saw a red was in the lakes. They where playing below the Osprey viewing center, and here used to people being about. They stayed there for ages and I have ben enchanted ever since.

You might be right on the fous, but it is a fairly large crop.

Awesome, I LOVE this set. 5 cracking shots and a pleasure to look at.

(y)

Very impressed

Cheers

A cracking set Gerald - all work for me and very envious.

Thanks erding, glad you enjoyed them. I had a great time taking them.

Lovely shots mate.

Ta Steve

Lovely pics and agree with danbroad - the blue in nos1&2 really shows off the colour of the squirrel

Thanks mah1880.

Great shots mate im still hunting for somewhere to get shots like this (y)

Thanks, surer there should be ome good areas down your way?

A lovely set. #1 and #5 are my favourites, but they're all very good.

Cute wee guys, stunning shots

Fantastic Captures love No.4 Very well done

Kirk

Thanks all :wave:

Number 4 is my winner, I think it could do with a warming up on PS perhaps. What has annoyed me about these shots is you've technically got them nailed but been dealt with some horrible light :(

Great shots all the same :)

Thanks David. The light was harsh at times, but the location only works from mid morning on, so it doesn't make thnks easy.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try later tonight.

Not much left to say................but excellent set(y)(y)

No 2 is my favourite.........I could swear he's smiling:)

Thnaks crusher.

The greys have invaded us mate but i have a few places to try out its just getting the time to investigate :D

All spot on sharp and focus! Crackin set there!!!

:love: So cute! :love:

Whenever I've been near a red squizz they just run away :LOL:

Stunning pictures by the way - I would be proud of those if they were mine :)

Super shots - really good.

I hope to have a crack at this once I get a long lens as we're fortunate enough to have them in the woods at the bottem of our garden. A few of the brave ones come very close. Here's a couple of mobile phone shots - pretty crude - but just to show how they come close.

2936014544_8600f43e70_m.jpg

2936018560_71c6fb9ae5_m.jpg

2936015908_7589ee585f_m.jpg

2936013152_b8d446836a_m.jpg

The greys have invaded us mate but i have a few places to try out its just getting the time to investigate :D

Damn. I hadn't realised they where that for north. Good luck finding some.

All spot on sharp and focus! Crackin set there!!!

Thanks Dave

:love: So cute! :love:

Whenever I've been near a red squizz they just run away :LOL:

Stunning pictures by the way - I would be proud of those if they were mine :)

Cheers squizza. They normally run from me do, just been lucky lately.

I like no 2 and 5. No 5 looks like in fairy tales.

Thanks longlyogre, not sure about fairy tales, but they are very cute.

lovely set lovley colours

Thanks

Super shots - really good.

I hope to have a crack at this once I get a long lens as we're fortunate enough to have them in the woods at the bottem of our garden. A few of the brave ones come very close. Here's a couple of mobile phone shots - pretty crude - but just to show how they come close.

Thanks dinners. Lovely shots with the mobile. I don't think you need a long lens. You're lucky to have them come so close and into your backgarden. There's be a lot of envious people on here, including me.

WOW the colours and the lighting are spot on (y) and laying down to take the shots gives us a great point of view :clap: Look forward to more.

Back