Red Stuff

Edit My Images
Yes
Milan last week.....

Whilst Barry was in awe of seeing all this Ferrari stuff, I clicked and clicked and clicked, I thought I'd be bored but the light in the shop at night was spot on!

_DSC6573.jpg

_DSC6580.jpg

_DSC6588.jpg

more info on my blog and albums of all the photos so far can be seen here clicky and here clicky

Hi Marianne,

Great to see you posting again, I've missed your shots :D

I think the hats is my favorite one of these three. I also like the DoF on the first one, its just a shame about the lights on the logos.

thanks Matt, I have to say that I didn't mind the distracting (are they?)highights. I was just in awe of the clean brightness of this amazing shop!

I don't know if they are distracting, I just think the picture would be cleaner(to my eye anyway) without them, the red would be deeper, for example.

i think the red of the ferrari last year was that of the marlboro packet as part of the continuing sponsorship with them, and that is a little on the orange side, so the lighting may be correct. this years ferrari is a darker metallic, but still not the same red as they should be, but thats offtopic!

nice to see you had a good trip marianne, thats some shop!

I think the white balance is off slightly, there is a yellowish/orange cast on my work monitor?

these were taken in the dark of night....ho hum....thanks for the input, I'll check it out. I love the one of the scooter speedo :)

Hi Marianne - expect to see you in your leathers zipping up the hill to get the strawberries at the back of us starting on Sunday they say. A Vespa girl always kept her knees together - as against Rockers on bikes . . . .Well!

Showing my age again!

scooter.jpg

car.jpg

caps.jpg

ok...edited these in PS....I get the yellow tinge thingy but it might have been me be me girlying up the boys stuff with a girlie glow that did it!! doh!

thats better Marianne!

Much improved Marianne - pictures look more vivid and sharp to me too.

Ace :D

I really like the 2nd scooter speedo

Yep second lot are great......love the hats... and Phil's comment about the Vespa girls.... :eek: :naughty: :naughty: :D :LOL:

Hmmm - interesting discussion point. How to interpret what was there and what was recorded?

In a pure, catalogue, show it off to the world, Ferrari type promotion, then the second lot of shots gets the vote. But that's based upon a number of things.

Firstly, there are a number of photographers on here who are unashamedly 'petrol heads' and can recite what Ferrari 'reds' are used by whom and in what season. They're only gonna be happy to see it recorded as if it compared "EXACTLY" to the paint chart :(

Secondly, there are those of us who look at it for the shapes presented out of 'fairly' familiar forms. Almost as an abstraction from a mechanical, colourful world.

Thirdly, perhaps finally and most importantly, it's seen as an artist's interpretation of a very colourful, glitzy subject. Bizarrely placed in the centre of a town illuminated at night by an unbalanced (colour temperature) artificial light. You ain't ever gonna get that right :shrug:

To my mind the first set works really well because that's exactly how we both saw it! Glitzy razza-matazz! Showy off in a most ostentatious way. Flamboyant, extravagantly Italian. It needs to be portrayed as sexy, glamorous - but at night? It kinda falls into the world of "Sex in a City"....

Am I being defensive of Marianne's post? I guess in a way I am. I'm so glad to see her posting again.... this lady is an artist and deserves her work to be seen as such. I sometimes fall into the same trap as some of us here - critiquing her work from the perspective of 'perfect photographic' correctness. Sometimes our work should fall outside of this!

Hmmm - well that was a thread killer! :bonk:

Back