Redpoll

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
A few of a little female Redpoll from today.Might at some point remove the rear branch from the first two to see how they look

Redpoll1.jpg

Redpoll2.jpg

Redpoll3.jpg

I agree with Martyn, a lovely set. Thanks for sharing Mark.

Regards: Gordon

Great images Mark!
What sort of distance were you from Redpoll?
Also, what lens were you using.

I am about to dip my toe into bird photography, my budget will only stretch to the Sigma 150-500mm, no fancy L glass for me! The Sigma should be good to practice with first though.

Stunning, I agree about removing the rear branch though.
Were they taken with the Sigma 120-300 from your signature?

Thanks for taking time to coment everyone. All these were taken with the Sigma 120-300 and 1.4tc attached as it always is:D Although i dont always use it at 420mm. I think all these were with the D300 but i went to the D700 a few minutes later as the light faded and the ISO had to be pushed up. I reckon these were at about 2-3 meters. Due to the slower shutter speeds i just havent got quite the sharpness in the individual feather that i can get with this lens at faster speeds.

Last edited:
Cracking set of shots, but #3 wins with the cleaner background.

Nowt wrong with the Sigma 150-500 Dougie, just needs a bit of getting used to if it's your first really long telephoto.

A very good detailed set Mark.

That's a great set though I am a fan of the clean backgrounds so number 3 for me......

Due to the slower shutter speeds i just havent got quite the sharpness in the individual feather that i can get with this lens at faster speeds.

For me these are perfectly sharp not over done but still showing plenty of detail.

Nowt wrong with the Sigma 150-500 Dougie, just needs a bit of getting used to if it's your first really long telephoto.[/QUOTE]I know Ken! There is nothing else around at that price point to touch it.

Back