Reds in Black

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
Any thoughts on this(y):thumbsdown:?

Cheers,

3956348392_aa931ffb44_o.jpg

A very strong, graphic image. Would look good printed big, in a black frame in a modern home/office.
I for 1, like it!
Dean:)

Put my name down for "I like it" too. A very striking image. I actually don't mind a bit of "colour pop" in photos but this one works very well.
Just one tiny tiny bit of niggle and I'm surprised no-one else had picked up on it, and that's in the form of a small jet contrail to the upper left hand of the image (looks like a scratch on the lens!). A quick clone will sort that out and my eyes wouldn't get drawn to it! :D
But otherwise, brilliant work! Even the thin red border compliments it.

Last edited:
Put my name down for "I like it" too. A very striking image. I actually don't mind a bit of "colour pop" in photos but this one works very well.
Just one tiny tiny bit of niggle and I'm surprised no-one else had picked up on it, and that's in the form of a small jet contrail to the upper left hand of the image (looks like a scratch on the lens!). A quick clone will sort that out and my eyes wouldn't get drawn to it! :D
But otherwise, brilliant work! Even the thin red border compliments it.

Thanks Ian....I only spotted that after it was posted !!

Thanks Ian....I only spotted that after it was posted !!

:D It's a lovely picture so I had to point that out. Felt it was worth giving it one more bit of fine tuning and it'll definitely will be a wall hanger. Just hope my post didn't have the effect of "spoiling the mood"!. :eek: :)

:D It's a lovely picture so I had to point that out. Felt it was worth giving it one more bit of fine tuning and it'll definitely will be a wall hanger. Just hope my post didn't have the effect of "spoiling the mood"!. :eek: :)

Ian, No that's why I posted it here. In the race to get these processed you can sometimes overlook the obvious....hence a fresh pair of eyes is always handy;)

(y) from me
Its definitely a "wall hanger" (as said though, sans trail. ;) )

that looks great!! good effort

how did you do that? i want to try it with some of my reds shots and see if i can get one to a printable standard :D

Layers.......

Ok I'm not the best at PP so here goes.

The original background was a very dark blue to start with. All I did was to create a duplicate layer over the original and convert that layer to a B&W. I then selected each aircraft with the magic wand tool and cut the b&W layer out to reveal the red colour...There was a bit of fine tuning around the edges of the aircraft.

The red border was just a background in red with the original pasted on top.

The process has been around for years.

Very nice. Different. And made me think about the image. Thanks for telling us how you did it. Expect to see a few more like it!!

Stunning!

Not much else to add, it really works well and is something I've never seen done before.

(y)

EXCELLENT THAT BACKGROUND HAS REALLY HELPED THOSE SHOTS WELL THOUGHT OUT AND DEFINITELY WORTH PUTTING ON THE WALL.

Back