Reduced to seagulls

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Been a bad spell of weather here too. Had a walk round the harbour at Arbroath & saw this fellow.
sgull.jpg

Nice 'n close to that one SM ... (y) ... Herring Gull if I am not mistook ... ;)

A shame about the wing tips ... :shrug: ... and is it just a tad oversharp ... :thinking:

:p

Nice 'n close to that one SM ... (y) ... Herring Gull if I am not mistook ... ;)

A shame about the wing tips ... :shrug: ... and is it just a tad oversharp ... :thinking:

:p
Dunno about the oversharp bit But I am keen to hear what others think. My PS skills are not great :( Taken with a sigma 18-50 at the 50 end. Just cropped off a lamp post on the right

Maybe not oversharp, but looks like you may have had the "radius" too high when using Unsharp Mask? That can produce halos like the ones above.

Good pic though :D

Im looking hard here and I cant actually see "halos".

I can see rims of light round the edges of the gull, but Im sure that is light and not halos further out than the subject like you get with oversharpening.

It doesnt strike me as oversharpened at all, to be honest. :shrug:

I think its a good job you had that camera up to your eye, sawman....looks like he had it in mind to give you a nasty peck!!!

Actually, I dont think there is such a thing as a seagull... it is a gull........... either herring, black-backed, etc etc. :razz:

(so thats to pay you back for you saying I made a crude comment about you lying down!! I believe the very first one was way back.........and it was made by you!!!!! :razz: ) :D

I agree about the wingtips being missing, shame, but a good shot imho.
Funnily enough all I can hear right now are seagulls screeching and swooping down on people outside walking to close to where the young gulls are playing.

Actually, I dont think there is such a thing as a seagull... it is a gull........... either herring, black-backed, etc etc. :razz:

(so thats to pay you back for you saying I made a crude comment about you lying down!! I believe the very first one was way back.........and it was made by you!!!!! :razz: ) :D
I am not even going to argue with you.I will lose anyway:razz: You are correct about the SEA gull bit too :clap:

Back