Reed Warbler

Edit My Images
Yes
Been waiting weeks for these vocal birds to actually move up into view.

There is a pair of them building a nest, which is just visible through the reeds, alas impossible to photograph.

138_007.jpg

Thanks for the comments, they are lovely birds, great to hear them in full song.

How far away were these and what were you shooting with please.

Sorry all the questions but I am still learning !:shrug:

Lovely piccys by the way.

How far away were these and what were you shooting with please.

Sorry all the questions but I am still learning !:shrug:

Lovely piccys by the way.

About 10m away, Nikon D300 and 200-400VR shot at 400mm, f4 ISO200 1/500sec.

Never worry about asking questions (y)

nice pic martyn (y) had a few myself the weekend but they where quite a distance not anywhere as good as yours.

nice pic martyn (y) had a few myself the weekend but they where quite a distance not anywhere as good as yours.

Patience is the key really Ken, I have spent hours waiting for them to appear, the previous weekends, I could hear them, but they were not playing ball.

Got a few really close ones this evening, but the light didn't break as I was hoping, trying to get one lit with the setting Sun, it will happen, just need to put the time in.

Patience is the key really Ken, I have spent hours waiting for them to appear, the previous weekends, I could hear them, but they were not playing ball.

Got a few really close ones this evening, but the light didn't break as I was hoping, trying to get one lit with the setting Sun, it will happen, just need to put the time in.

Hi martyn I do have lots patience ;) what i was trying to say is my shots of this bird where no as detailed as yours they were a fair way off and it's a large crop light wasn't very good.
hope you don't mind this is one of them just to show you.
reed1.jpg

Very nice capture :clap:

Hi martyn I do have lots patience ;) what i was trying to say is my shots of this bird where no as detailed as yours they were a fair way off and it's a large crop light wasn't very good.
hope you don't mind this is one of them just to show you.

Not a problem Ken, see what you mean (y)

Just to add the one of mine was a fair crop, but benefited from good light, which as always is the key.

I did not doubt for one moment your patience Ken :), what I was trying to convey was that I have been after this shot for about a month now, sometimes we see a shot on this forum, which appears in an instant, and are totally unaware how long it took to actually get.

Last edited:
Lovely shot..........as you say, the light makes it!!

I'm assuming you have access to a hide?

Thats a lovely Reed Warbler shot, looks like your patiance with them has paid off (y)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: "Its never too late!"
Two brilliant shots Martyn (y)

I have been out a couple of evenings this week, the one bird is ringed and I am trying to photograph it at different angles so we can try and ID it from the info on the ring, bit of a tricky task but fun trying to get the full set of numbers.

That is a cracking photo of a bird in habitat mate,good detail on the bird and the habitat enhances it even more for me.

Back