Reflected abstracts

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Just back from Stornoway in the Western Isles. Hopefully will have a few more to share but only had time to take camera out when on or waiting for ferry. This one is Stornoway pier.

2198440914_4ce654781f_o.jpg

#2 works (y)
#1 makes eyes go most peculiar!

aahhh now me see .
now i'm looking properly.

i like what you have done there took me a min :bonk:

nice (y)

md(y)

Really like shot 2, really works for me! Shot one however messes with my eyes... But I still like it :D Nice one! It's shots like that which are simple yet effective. Good inspiration :)

Like them both mate - yes, the pier plays with your head but you still conjur a corking image.

Great detail and colour in the boat! (y)

Love them both both!

I like the sunny, warm, soft colours of the worn boat in #2, reminds me of childhood for some reason.

Really like #1... it does mess with your eyes a bit, but its the kind of image Id hang (y)

I've been turning my head upside down and everything with number one - that really IS abstract! Both very good. For my photography A level I did a dissertation on artist Piet Mondrian, and took a number of abstract photographs influenced by his painting as part of my work. Number one would have fitted in extremely well!

Wow, thanks for all the positive comments guys. (y)

I wish I had more time when on this trip but business had to take precedence. I also bagged these whilst waiting for the ferry:

2199392310_bec250a219_o.jpg

2198601297_32b93672f9_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ooo, I like #2. a beautiful sharp & clear shot.

#1 is just a bit too 'wobbly' for me, it lacks form.

The pier shot makes my head hurt, still love it though. Definately something to hang on the wall for everyone to stare at :D

Now these I like (all taken at ground level :D)

I love #1 but I just can't get my head round it. Has it been turned upside down?

I'm gonna go with your 4th here, really nice but I also like 2 and if the girl on the steps was lightened up a tad in 3.
Ken.

Looking at the straight lines at the bottom I too would say is it upside down? Nice shots though ;)

I like all of these too. But I just can't figure out the first one :LOL:

#1 is upside down. I initially saw the pattern and the "painted" look but when editing I thought it abstracted it further by giving it the same vertical flip that the boat needed to be seen correctly.

Thanks for all the comments.
(y)

I thought it was upsidedown!! Turn it the right way! It'll be a good shot - just like the others!
Well done.

Back