http://www.pbase.com/carlogalliani/drops

dsc2722wg.jpg

dsc2664w.jpg

dsc3270d.jpg

147060114b22ysotxgoccea.jpg

I think these are wonderful, with #1 being stunning !! Congrats

Wow they are great!

Superb !!

This is something I am going to look into doing now I have a proper macro lens.

Those refractions are almost up to LordV's high standards. Well done Carlo.

Carlo

That first shot is simply stunning - and the others are in the same league too!

What was your set up for this (I'm a complete newbie to macros having just received my first macro lens today)

Adrian

Carlo

That first shot is simply stunning - and the others are in the same league too!

What was your set up for this (I'm a complete newbie to macros having just received my first macro lens today)

Adrian

#Was going to ask the same(y) (superb shots)

Thanks everyone for comments
Reflection flowers are natural , no photoshopped. Of course I put the flower behind the blade of grass for reflect it in drops. For setting I used D300 and 70/180 macro nikon + in some shot extension tube kenko 12mm, tripod. For exifdata, if you interested , in my gallery under every shot there are the dataexif and setting

Thanks everyone for comments
Reflection flowers are natural , no photoshopped. Of course I put the flower behind the blade of grass for reflect it in drops. For setting I used D300 and 70/180 macro nikon + in some shot extension tube kenko 12mm, tripod. For exifdata, if you interested , in my gallery under every shot there are the dataexif and setting

thanks Carlo

I will give this a go sometime this year - thanks again!

(y)

Pppfftttt....rubbish. Take them down ;)

Seriously, great clarity, WB, focus, DOF and cracking composition. #1 for me.

Good show.

Cheers.

This sort of thing was my next project! How did u get so many drops to stay on? Just water or add anything? What rig did you use to hold bits in place? Any tips on how u achieved it all? Any advice would be great. What lighting?

Not sure I can achieve shots of the quality of this with just my d5000 but ill give it a crack!

This sort of thing was my next project! How did u get so many drops to stay on? Just water or add anything? What rig did you use to hold bits in place? Any tips on how u achieved it all? Any advice would be great. What lighting?

Not sure I can achieve shots of the quality of this with just my d5000 but ill give it a crack!
thank you very much
My english is bad ..... only water but in wet days. Only natural light and a perfect parallelism among lens and drops

I've seen a lot of these type of shots over the years, but these are extremely well done. The lighting is beautiful and I like the simplicity. One small fault is the last one has a slightly distracting green bit at the bottom right corner. Personally I would crop that out. Other than that, brilliant. (y)

Gareth

Back