Reflection......

Ted

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Was just going through old photos and cropped this out of a discarded pic. does it work and have I over cooked the saturation?

Venice_reflection_boarder_final.jpg

Not if you were going for the impressionist painting look you haven't - it works great for me. Composition wise the centre is a bit empty and needs a focal point, but I love the colour.

There are some really pleasing things about that as an image but I'm not sure it sits quite right somehow.

I have quite a few like like this. They spend most of the time tucked away in a virtual , or real drawer. Once in a while I dig them out, try a new look or crop and sometimes even seek an opinion on whether they work.

So far, if they've said it's good I've not believed it. If they've said it's awful, I've not believed it. Either way they go back in the drawer until the next round. :LOL:

Love the colours in this and the creative thinking behind the reflection is good but not sure with the boat in the image if it works. My eyes are drawn in different directions and don't settle on anything. Nicely captured though (y)

I know how you feel dazz. I was quite limited on the crop available and couldnt get all the bits in the right place compositionally. I think this one will end up back in the 'drawer' too even though i do really like the colours. Thanks for your thoughts

I think this one will end up back in the 'drawer' too

I have mine marked "shots too good to not work, yet don't quite". ;)

I do enjoy looking through them all from time to time. :)

Back