Reflective Clothing

Name
Zoe Lingard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I've just come across your forum - looks fantastic! I'm new to trying to edit my photos (using Photoshop or Picassa) - I think I may need to become a regular here!

One particular problem I am having is taking pictures of children in winter clothing - it all seems to have rotten reflective patches on - useful for traffic but a pain for photographs!

Has anyone managed to remove the glare from a photo successfully? Any tips would be very much appreciated.

Zoe.

Welcome to the forum Zoe ... :wave:

The glare problem affects all of us at some point or other. Difficult to say how to or if its possible to fix without letting us see it.

Post it in this thread and let some people show you how.

Zoe

I notice your using Photoshop. If it's CS3, you could use the Camera Raw option to help reduce the flare. Use the "highlight recovery" option. This effectively ( and simply) puts some density into the highlight areas. It does make them look a bit flatter though. It won't reduce the "halo" effect but will minimise it.

You don't need to shoot RAW to make use of this facility in CS3. Got ot Edit> Preferences> File Handling. In the file compatibility section tick Prefere Adobe Camera Raw for JPEG files.

Hope this helps

Back