Remember that ancient Truprint stuff I found?

Seems good - if anything the 'Truprint Magenta' seems to be something to do with the processing or handling of the prints because my parents have tons of 110, 126 and 35mm shots from the late 70's to 80's which were processed and printed by Truprint and they all have the obligatory magenta cast! Yet when I scanned a few of them they were fine straight out of the scanner with no colour correction...

They didn't come out too badly! I like the simple leading line in the third one. I can't help but think that if you have more of this you should stick it up on ebay and make some money though. It really does look lomo! ;)

Yeh I quite like it, it looks quite natural despite the obvious tobacco shades, the 2nd is exactly how I wanted the shot to appear (I'd been watching the film Patagonia and the colours inthat turned me on a little bit! :LOL:).

For comparison, here's how Fuji 160S and Ektar see the same scenes:

Y Ceiliog Gwyrdd (160S) by R. Alan Jones, on Flickr

Welsh Prairie II (160S) by R. Alan Jones, on Flickr

Garrett Inclines II (Ektar) by R. Alan Jones, on Flickr

Pen Garrett II (Ektar) by R. Alan Jones, on Flickr

That truprint film is horrid. Seems to be yellow if anything. Stick with that fuji stuff!

That truprint film is horrid. Seems to be yellow if anything. Stick with that fuji stuff!

Would have loved to but Fuji decided to discontinue it just before I started stocking up on it! :LOL:

Back