remember the summer?

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I was rooting around the mac for an old pic today and found this leftover from last year. I don't often set up stuff into the sun like this but I thought it kinda worked for this shot. My wife however, didn't like it at all and since she's most often right when it comes to photo critique, it got filed away under "oh well, perhaps next time".

The thing is, comming back to it after all this time I still quite like something about it. So, what do you lot think?

It's pretty much untouched btw, just a very small crop along the bottom edge.

hill.jpg

dazzajl I have edited out your link as it was causing a pop up requesting a username and password on loading the thread. I think you may have mixed up the links by mistake ;)

:doh: sorry, what a muppet.

Should be OK now.

Yes its fine now thanks, I am a little tired so will post a critique tomorrow (later today)

I quite like it. I take it it's the wind causing the foreground blur?

I take it it's the wind causing the foreground blur?

Yup ...... and all natural too. ;)

A rape seed field shot into the sun has to be a complete nightmare to get the white balance correct. I only know this as I attempted to shoot a few similar photos to this the summer before last and the colours were a country mile off :(

Your take on a regularly seen subject matter (in photography circles) has the extra twist and draw of the patterns created by the apparent movement of the rape seed in the foreground and middle of the shot. I presume that due to the lighting you have ended up with the colour change about half way through the shot and then the hills and the sun flare in the final part of the shot add the means to draw our eyes through the shot. Although it doesn’t hit you straight away this photo is very appealing and keeps me interested each time I revisit it. I think it’s a great shot over all, even though its full appeal doesn't hit you straight away :)

That's just mad! :D Like Steve said, the more you look at it the better it gets!

It must have been hard getting that with the sun flare.

I personally love the way it starts off as obviously a photograph at the top, then as your eye works down it ends up looking like a painting.

Back