IMG_4889.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

It rained, the poppies missed their destination but lots of people turned out to pay their respects.

- via www.vanilladays.com RSS feed (c) 2007 Pete Carr -Share This

More...

Some beautifull images there Pete(y)
Very poignant and captures the mood nicely
The young lad in uniform(I think one of the Scottish regiments) does it for me, he looks lost in memory of someone he has lost.:(
Lest we forget

Excellent work Pete, very tastefully done.

good shots...soon there will be no one alive who fought in the world wars, its so sad that humans continue to fight...

Some beautifull images there Pete(y)
Very poignant and captures the mood nicely
The young lad in uniform(I think one of the Scottish regiments) does it for me, he looks lost in memory of someone he has lost.:(
Lest we forget

The last one? If so he lost his sight in Iraq (I think).

Pete, superb shots once again. As a member of the forces they've really moved me.

The last one? If so he lost his sight in Iraq (I think).

I actually meant the 12th one (I think), he looks about 12 yrs old.
The last one is also moving, had not noticed he was blind on the first pass, the price some people pay :shrug::(

Great work Pete, you've really captured to emotion of the day.

Cheers guys :) Loving the 70-200. These were all shot with it. I like that it produces shots similar to the 24-70 due to f/2.8 but allows me to stand outside the moment. The 24-70 meant I had to get up close. For an event such as this you don't really want to be in peoples faces.

I saw these just after you posted them and was very moved by them.
So many of my family were involved in WW1 and WW2 and my cousin is in the RAF and has gone to Iraq for 6 weeks at a time 3 times a year since the war started.
Very moved.

They are brilliant, all very moving, and show the real feelings, well done. Very emotional.

Beautiful - absolutely wonderful set.
You have captured the scene very well indeed.

Back