Remembrance day service,what do you think happened here then

wack61

I've got an itchy hatch
Edit My Images
No
I went to the Remembrance day service and parade in Warrington today, I'm not a religious person at all but it was a very moving experience, the only sound during the 2 minute silence was the rope rattling against the flagpole.

I bought a Fuji S100FS a couple of weeks ago and thought i'd give it a go, I don't know whether is was my unfamiliarity with the camera, me in general(more likely) or just that it's crap but I didn't get much that was any use.

I didn't take any during the ceremony because it just didn't feel right.

What I did get was this strange, in focus/not in focus/camera shake motion blur picture of the flag bearers marching to the town hall.

Actually now i've had a second look at it, they were moving and I was panning :LOL: I've been trying to do that with a DSLR for ages, perhaps the camera is better than I think

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/wack61/DSCF0107.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ave you taken any other photos with it recently? or are they all coming out like this?

What's happened is a slow shutter speed with you panning.

Nothing wrong with that - it's a good image. You've captured the movement very well.

Last edited:
As Dave has said. Slow shutter speed. 1/26s is slow for something like this. in fairness you handled it well. Adds movement.

Kev.

The pics not bad but they are out of step!

The pics not bad but they are out of step!

The soldier at the back must have been new at it, he did a couple of quicksteps on the way up the street to try and keep up

I didn't reaise it was at 1/26, that's pretty slow for a hand held shot

Back