Remembrance Sunday

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are just three I took yesterday at the Remembrance Sunday Parade in Manchester.

I am currently processing some more (and hopefully better) shots :)

051113_2790_600.jpg

051113_2798_600.jpg

051113_2854_600.jpg

Will upload a few more tomorrow :)
All comments good and bad are, as usual, most welcome :)

Nice shots. I can't believe I forgot about this. The most disturbing part is that its entirely possible there won't be any veterans at next years event.

Marcel said:
051113_2854_600.jpg

You were right what you said after you'd just taken that shot, shot of the day for sure mate :)

Marcel said:
Here are just three I took yesterday at the Remembrance Sunday Parade in Manchester.

051113_2854_600.jpg

Stunning shot Bod... absolutely stunning... :thankyous

hehe thanks. Please feel free to call me Bod if anyone so wishes :) I don't mind either name.

excellent shots Marcel, the cross is outstanding!

Anyone think #2 bears a passing resemblance to Edmund Blackadder?

Bit too much sharpening on the two officers perhaps?
They just look a bit odd to me, bearing in mind my whole life is spent photographing the military.

You're right. I think I buggered up many shots due to me being me, and me having the lens I have.

To get the light required to get the shutter speeds required to handhold at the lengths I need to, I had to 'open her up' for want of a nicer phrase.

This meant that many of the shots were quite soft.
Also I shot at ISO800 too, which meant noise was quite an issue.

I was thinking the very same thing about the sharpening, for some reason they didn't look 'right' and I couldn't put my finger on it.
The officer in the centre, the bridge of his nose was quite highlighted (like the back of his cap), but this is also in the original. However, it really did make the shot look 'haloed' and so I used a bit of the burn tool to remove it.

I'll try and revisit this shot, and finish processing the rest :)

Regards

I was out yesterday on a job - in woods, photographing blokes in camouflage up in the trees (don't ask). Bloomin' nightmare for exposures - bright, bright sunshine and deep, deep shadows coupled with green-on-green subject matter. Ik!
I know what you mean about some of the shots being 'not quite as sharp as they could be...', especially as to get many of the shots I needed, I had to climb about 60ft into the tree-tops to get an 'eye-level' or 'above' perspective. Try taking photos when you're roped to a tree 60ft off the ground with the damn thing swaying all over the place...

LOL would love to! sounds like fun :D

I did take a few shots stood on a barrier/railing, hugging a traffic light with one police officer giving me funny looks, and another asking me to get down.

The quick and dirty edits:

DMOCJMOT1050110078E.jpg

DMOCJMOT1050110059E.jpg

DMOCJMOT1050110012E.jpg

Glad it wasn't today, that's all - it's been raining all morning.
Co-incidentally, Bramley Training Area is the Home of Scrapheap Challenge - I had a poke around the set...
What do you mean you thought it was a real scrapheap?

Back