Remote for 350d.

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Been looking on eBay for a remote for my 350d, and I've noticed they do a wireless one which can be picked up for around £11.

Is it worth it, or should I plump for the wired?

I believe someone on here purchased their remote for the 350d from eBay quite recently (at a steal, too, I think).

Any suggestions?

Just a quick reply mate, The wireless or infra remote can only operate the camera from the front, so you have either to be in front of the camera or at least pointing the remote at the front. I purchased the corded remote from ebay with a German seller £5.99 + £2.00 P&P. Try http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64345&item=7534003296&rd=1 Also check his store as he does longer ones too. That's who I purchased mine from, delivered within a couple of days and only £2.00 P&P my first overseas purchase which couldn't of went any smoother. I've used my remote a couple of times, as well as half click for focus and full click for shot, you can also slide the button to lock open for longer exposures. Jessops also sell these and I was quoted £16.99 for the corded while the infra was cheaper at about £12.99. Acording to Jessops there corded version does not lock open....Just what the guy in the shop reckons???? Never had or used a remote before so I don't know what if any difference there may be between this and a more expensive version. But can't go wrong for the price as it does do what it says on the tin
Hope that helps.
Ken.
PS. he has substantial feedback and 100% positive.

Thanks Ken.

The wireless only operating from the front was something I had (stupidly) overlooked and not thought about. That rules wireless out then :)

I've just purchased one from your link above. I was in two minds whether to go for the longer one, and was trying to think of situations were it would be beneficial, and apart from hiding 3 metres away to tempt wildlife near my camera, I couldn't really think of any. I also think I'd get a bit cheesed off when using it normally, with 3 metres of cable dangling around unneeded, so I plumped for the 0.8m job.

£7.99 all in, can't be bad :)
Now, lets hope that lens doesn't get any bids :D

Regards

Bod said:
I was in two minds whether to go for the longer one, and was trying to think of situations were it would be beneficial, and apart from hiding 3 metres away to tempt wildlife near my camera, I couldn't really think of any.
Yes I opted for the shorter one for exactly the same reasons...Didn't think the extra metre would fool the wildlife Sufficiently....anyway it would mean walking further back to the camera. ;) :)

Back