Renault World Series

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so I got one shot that is ok and having just looked at Mariks efforts I nearly didn't post it.
Assistance feedback etc greatly appreciated.
Having spent two hours queing on the M1 to get there, Donington was heaving and U struggled to get close enough, that coupled with realising I'd left the monopod behind led to frustration, possibly not the best frame of mind, but I fear these are just excuses for poor execution!

Caldarelli.jpg

Eurocup Car at Dunlop Bridge (F9 at 1/125th)

OK so I've had a play and got a few more passable shots. Again comments, tips much appreciated. I know that the fence spoils them but how else can I improve them?

1351605569_807c35760d_b.jpg

F1 Car (F9 at 1/200th)
1352493616_e430590c85_b.jpg

Eurocup car taken by Dunlop Bridge (F9 at 1/125th)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/w99/

Hey mate!

That's really good, looks like you've got the panning down to a t! Shame about the fence, otherwise it would be a beauty!

Where were you standing? I was at the Melbourne Loop and Redgate all day. No fences at Melbourne Loop, nice for photos!

Traffic was bloody awful mate, left my house at 9, hit the Donington traffic at 10ish, and we didn't get in until 11:30, shame!

Aye, tis a shame about the fence.

I went last year with my son and we travelled up on the Saturday morning, camped on the site next to the track which let us walk 200 yards straight to the Paddock Entrance :)

Thanks Marik, I appreciate your comments:ty:

That one was taken by the Dunlop Bridge, we were meeting friends there. I did go down towards the old hairpin but couldn't really get close enough to get any decent shots.
I'd did notice as we were leaving that Redgate and Melbourne had no fences:bang: If I go back I'll try and get there early and secure a good spot.

We travelled up the night before to try and avoid the long q's :bang:

Ah cool, It was a long walk around so, me and my dad decided to stick where we were, to much effort to walk around :p

Tell me about it, I must have walked miles yesterday, the kids wanted to go to the funfair etc so I was constantly on the move.

Your long walk was definitely worth it tho(y) I'm guessing you could get close to the action there or was a long lens required?

Yeah, do you know the track at all? I was right on the turn of the Melbourne Loop so, I had quite a bit of track to play with, all sorts of different angles. There was a guy there ALL day with his tripod and big sigma lens on. I was shooting at 200m quite easily, but I stuck the 1.4 converter on to give me a little bit of leway.

Was a good day though, sounds like you had fun, except for the traffic! Glad to hear it.

Yeah, I've been before but never with a DSLR. I didn't realise that there was less fencing at Redgate.

I managed to borrow a 300mm lens for the day which helped otherwise it would have been a complete write off!

Ah cool. Well there was fencing at Redgate, but I had just enough zoom zoom to stand on the hill and just miss off the fence from my shots. Yeah, you definitely needed the zoom for some areas I was told.

Definitely the spot to be. I'f I can face going back next year that's the spot for me.

Some cracking shots there. Good panning. As said before, pity about the fence.
I spent most of my time on the infield. entered at the paddock entrance, and gradually worked myself round until we were on the infield, where we stayed for the resdt of the day. Had my 6 yo lad with me, and he didn't want to keep moving around!! There are some good unobstructed views on the banks behind all the food vans, infield. Also, you can get shots without the avertising hoardings there.Sorry don't know the name of that bit.

Thanks Torpedo glad you liked them.

I think the biggest lesson learned is go for the two days, day one family stuff, funfair etc, and second day get there early find a good spot, Redgate and Melbourne Loop look good, and stay there with the camera and plenty of memory cards... oh and don't forget the monopod!

Aye, it's only the fence that stops those being really good shots.

Back