Replacing part of flashgun

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
Yes
The thin piece of plastic that my flashgun contacts pop out of has got a crack in it, almost all the way through, which is why my flash hasn't been syncing properly with my camera.

By the looks of it, the whole bottom bit of the flashgun is removable, but where would I get a replacement bit from? Good job I have no paying gigs for a while really!

The whole bottom bit of the gun including the shoe will be replaceable , whether it's a DIY job or not I don't know.

My Dad dropped his flash gun and snapped the hotshoe bit off and pulled out an electrical connector, I resoldered the electrical connector and glued and fixed the crack/seam with the hot soldering iron to melt the break together again, works a treat now good as new, I did contact Nikon for the replacement part just incase in the future the repair fails.

The whole plate that unscrews for the SB600 is about £40 posted. Dunno how much it would be for them to fit it, but having had the gun apart it is relatively straight forward if not a bit fiddly to fit it yourself.

Try giving Sigma a call, I didn't expect Nikon to sell the parts seperate but they do.

Back