Replica

Edit My Images
Yes
Shot this a few weeks ago and left it.
Replica of one of the medieval boats that would have come to port in Soton.

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
You beat me to it, I took a photo of this a few days ago:) Yours is better than mine though. Nice shot.

Lovely composition and seems to work well in mono ... (y) ... although it could do with darkening slightly imhgo or the contrast boosting to improve the range of tones ... :shrug: ... but a really good image ... ;)

:p

not my cup of tea, but dof looks good and composed well

Lovely composition and seems to work well in mono ... (y) ... although it could do with darkening slightly imhgo or the contrast boosting to improve the range of tones ... :shrug: ... but a really good image ... ;)

:p

Contrast and a few other things tweaked.

Untitled-12.jpg

I like it, would like to see a 2nd version showing the entire boat. Good that your are getting these shooting in manual.

G.

I had to crop to there because there was a woman and her sons lurking at the other end and didn't want them in the shot. Will go back and shoot it again sometime.

I had to crop to there because there was a woman and her sons lurking at the other end and didn't want them in the shot. Will go back and shoot it again sometime.

Looks like a cool place. It can be a pain when people are in the way, I have seen myself wait 5 to 10 min at times, gets right on my wifes nerves :)

Sometimes if you politely point the camera in their general direction, they will take a hint ;)

Thats a nice pic. Well done.

Love the perspective you've chosen along with the length of the lens. Really helps make this shot.

Thanks, it is another of those shots I had actually cast aside and decided was rubbish, lol. Same as with that shot I posted of cathedral ceiling.

Back