Rescued foster kitten

kentt

Mod In Thread Vandalising Outrage!
Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone

My wife works for a local vets, but in her spare time she helps the RSPCA cat recue and fosters & nurses small kitten. Just before Xmas one such kitten came to us, she was found in a rubbish dumpster.

Only a few weeks old she needed constant attention, but soon she was starting to put some weight on after a slow start.

We really grew attached to her, she was such a wonderful personality and character. But we found a good home for her and she now lives with her new family.

Here is Lilly shortly after she first arrived:
tinylilly.jpg

Here she is having got into my wifes boot and fallen asleep:
lillyinboot.jpg

Every camera bag should have one:
lillyinbag.jpg

Just looking cute:
cutelilly.jpg

Your title needs a CUTE WARNING!!! :love:

The last shot is sooooooooooooo lovely. We took in a pregnant stray a few years ago and she managed to give us two more litters before a trip to the vets. 2 litters were around Christmas time, the tree doesn't look the same without a couple of kittens in it :D.I wish I had the gear and the knowledge back then to capture the kittens like these.

(y)

That 4th picture is just so adorable! I want another one :)

I really do not understand how people can be so cruel. This poor little kitten would have certainly died if someone hadn't have found her and handed her in.

Good work on your wife's part - she is absolutely adorable (I mean the kitten, but I'm sure your wife is adorable too :LOL: )

Thanks for all the comments everyone :)

I have to say there wasn't a dry eye in the house when she went :crying:. But we are happy to have known her, and to know that she has a good start in life :).

haha a KIT lens .. I crack myself up sometimes

:LOL: Very good, hadn't thought of that.

And another:
playfullilly.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Want one!

That last pic in your OP is almost LOL CATZ !

That`s going to be one serious ball of fluff later on in life :)
Great pics a great ending, thanks for sharing.

oh soooooooo cute and lovely shots!

I admire you being able to find her a new home, I'd have just had to keep her, but my two might have objected!

lillyinbag.jpg

Is that one of those Katz Eye focal thingies I've heard about? :LOL:

Unbearably cute kitty :love:

Two turned up on my doorstep during the heavy snow, but by the time I'd come back with some food and a blanket for them they'd vanished, I do hope they found shelter somewhere else.

Last edited:
lillyinbag.jpg

Is that one of those Katz Eye focal thingies I've heard about? :LOL:

Unbearably cute kitty :love:

Two turned up on my doorstep during the heavy snow, but by the time I'd come back with some food and a blanket for them they'd vanished, I do hope they found shelter somewhere else.

No its a Cat(adioptric/mirror) lens isnt it?
Matt

Dangerously cute! I'm just going to keep looking at these, they're amazing! And SOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!

Thanks to each and everyone for all the lovely replies.

We really enjoyed the time we had with her while fostering her and so badly wanted to keep her but we now have to may cats.

oh soooooooo cute and lovely shots!

I admire you being able to find her a new home, I'd have just had to keep her, but my two might have objected!

My wife and I both remained upset for a couple of weeks after giving her up. We missed her little antics and playtime on our bed first thing in the mornings.

Here one last shot of her before she went to her new home (playing on the landing):

kitty_jumpingx800.jpg

Wonderful pictures.

Lucky cat did not use your camera bag as a litter tray :)

Superb shots, lets hope the remainder of her life is a joy, she has already made an impression with TP
Thanks for sharing... (y)

John

That’s the cutest little thing ever. How anyone could leave something so sweet in a dumpster is beyond my comprehension..

Well done and for what its worth "thanks for looking after her"

Stunning photo's and as the comments say I'm sure we all wish her well in the future. Did you wanr her new parents that TP will be watching he back like an older brother :D :D

Oh my :love: I wish I had been introduced! I would have taken her in an instant. I can't understand humans at all. How could anyone just dump any animal? The last one in the first post is my fave. (y) Well done on looking after her.

WHat a lovely kitty, and great photos to match.

what an adorable little kitty.. so lucky you came to her rescue!

love the last one.. ninja cat :)

we have a white (well, was once white) cat that comes for a feed.. have tried every rescue centre around to rehome him but none will take him in, so sad he's a lovely cat.. I have 3 so not an option to let him come inside, that would be fatal.. people are so cruel at times :(

best wishes to lilly in her new home..

These images are just beautiful and a great story. We rescued our cat after she was dumped in the bush.

OK, I would like to thank everyone for all the lovely replies to Lilly's thread, so to thank everyone I've put a small gallery together with a few of the pictures that didn't make it into this post, with the exception of one or two.

Hope you enjoy: Here

Last edited:
First class shots with the camera Ken but your Kitty takes the first prize..(y) (y) :D

Great set of pics, and its nice to know there are still some nice human beings out there.

Back