Resources for kids wanting to learn

Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all, apologies if this has been asked before, I did do a quick search but couldn't find anything in particular.

My daughter (8) has been showing an interest in photography for a while now and naturally I want to encourage her interest and creativity! I let her use my a6300 so she can snap away and just get familiar with handling a camera, but she's started asking me if I can teach her and whilst I'm trying to explain the basics, I fear I'm not a very good teacher (in any sense, home-schooling in the early part of this year was horrendous). Have any of you come across any resources that would help?

I am having a a search on the interwebs already, but I figured there was a chance of finding something quicker with a few recommendations.

TIA,

K.

Is she typical(?) of most youngsters these days and sees the connected device as her school book? If so, there are plenty of you Tube videos......however if she likes reading traditional books, then maybe Understanding Exposure by Peterson???

PS for the Sony A6300

Though i surmise you might have pick through them to find which ones cover/go more into the what & why???

Last edited:
Thanks both.

I searched YouTube as a first stop because, as you called it, my kids are barely ever without a device in hand. I found a few too so will have a watch and see if they're any good

Reactions: Sky
Back