Resting Fly

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I am a newcomer to Macro and Photography in general, i have been at it now for several weeks slowly learning, or at least trying to!.
The Macro lens i have is not that large, just 35mm prime macro, but i intend to get an Olympus extension tube soon taking me that much closer to the subject.
With this image i am getting use to using a Monopod to steady the camera, and i do find it much better than freehand.
I think this is about the smallest i am able to go at the moment, so i must start looking for insects the same size or bigger.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/...nd other animals/RestingFly2.jpg?t=1244946295

Constructive criticism welcome.

Best regards Paul

Last edited:
What Camera are you using?

Nice shot just the background is abit distracting, It looks a little soft and what is the thing by it mouth... However good effort and the only way you learn is practise :) (y)

Thank you for your comments Jimidibob, they are much welcome and appreciated.
I will probably start to aim bigger than flies now, getting clearer and sharper images, and start to train the insects to land on something better :LOL: .

Best regards Paul

Last edited:
I forgot to tell you Jimidibob what camera i use.
Its an Olympus E420 with a 35mm Macro, i know its an entry level camera, but that is where i am at.
I needed to know what are my limitations with this lens, and at the moment fly size is about it, but an extension tube is the next item on the list and hopefully next year will see an upgrade to the E620.

Best regards Paul

Back