Retouching to the max...

Should've got 'em right in the first place! ;)

Some of his work is amazing and some of it is OTT, but in general I like it

Like it or not, it's obviously a skill he has mastered to a fine art. Nice post, thanks.

I think its appalling and incredible at the same time.

I agree. Some of them are way over the top but nevertheless the work is quite impressive.. especially the ones where he has moved limbs :eek:

Quite addictive looking though them.

Is this amount of retouching acceptable?

Very skilled but I prefer the originals to the cartoons that he's made of some of the models.

I agree, its some good skills but a bit too much at times. That one where he moves the arm down by her side is very impressive.

Christ on a bike StewartR, words fail me. I thought the first one was bad.

Saying that the PS skills of the original link are fairly impressive but surely it's quicker to get the photo right in the first place. I can't help thinking that if that's what he's giving his clients compared to the original pictures he must have no idea what he's doing when he's actually taking the shots.

Some impressive retouching there.(though not the pageant ones) The shiny skin seems a handy skill to learn for that line of work. ;)

Here's another retoucher's site, Amy Dresser. I think some of here work in very good. I like that the only thing that she had to do to Jessica Alba was give here the shiny skin like everyone else seems to have. ;) :love:

I find it amazing how flawed some of the original pictures on both site were when they were taken. :eek:

In a similar way that these retouched image gives a false reality, and an impossible body image to attempt to attain for some people, some photographers images give an impossible quality to attain for anyone straight from the camera. It would be interesting if in all interviews with photographers in magazines they declared what retouching was done on their pictures. I don't think I've read an interview with any photographer in a magazine that has mentioned retouching at all. :shrug:

LOL. OMG -especially that second lot! :puke:

Massive image manipulation (it's a joke to call this retouching) and many hours of painstaking labour intensive work in some of those, to sell people a fantasy, and there must be a huge demand for it. I'm sure these guys are laughing all the way to the bank, but any link left with photography is purely tenuous.

Christ on a bike StewartR, words fail me. I thought the first one was bad.
I snorted my coffee up my nose when I read that. Which is a surprise because it was exactly the kind of reaction I thought it would get.

Did you wade into the site to see some of the most extreme examples? I think this and this and this are amongst my "favourites".

I mean, what the **** is going on here? How can there be a market for this kind of stuff? Especially that last one, which to my mind is just sick. Words fail me too.

Personally, I think the whole pageant thing is sick! It's all for the parents and it's sick.

/rant over.

I mean, what the **** is going on here? How can there be a market for this kind of stuff? Especially that last one, which to my mind is just sick. Words fail me too.

I agree this is very sick and quite sad too.

*Mouth Replaced
*Hat custom designed to match outfit
*Bangs trimmed
*Lashes added
*Stray hairs removed
*Eye liner added
*Facial powder added
*Skin blended
*Cheekbones defined
*"Doll Eyes" added
*Photo changed from color to black and white
*Background changed