Return to the new normal

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Well just got back from our first meal out since lockdown , really weird a normally bouncing hungry horse half empty , , food was good and hot , beer was cold . Service was very good . In the front door leave by the back door , hand sanitisers all over .. . Only down side we had to drive across the border into England for it ,still all closed in wales till august .
Can’t in all honesty see it carrying on like this. But who knows

Well just got back from our first meal out since lockdown , really weird a normally bouncing hungry horse half empty , , food was good and hot , beer was cold . Service was very good . In the front door leave by the back door , hand sanitisers all over .. . Only down side we had to drive across the border into England for it ,still all closed in wales till august .
Can’t in all honesty see it carrying on like this. But who knows

I have not found it too bad. Went out the other week for a meal. Aside from it being quiet and the staff in masks, it was same as normal. At the weekend, again, normal in the restaurant and reasonably busy. Also visited a number of pubs the day before with friends on a bike ride out - all seemed have small dfferences but a ice balance between quiet and busy, with plenty of changes likes one ways, staff in masks, table service etc... in fact in some ways it was better than standing 2 deep at the bar!

Just got back from Bingo ...

Well marked out with one way signs and alternate tables not available. Staff efficient (sanitising all communal surfaces throughout the evening) and ensuring social distancing.

Didn't win though ... :rolleyes:

The social distancing thing is something I've always done anyway, I already had it nailed. I've only just started venturing out to public places this last few weeks, I put petrol in my car for the first time since February 2 weeks ago. It is very different to what it was. In fairness, people generally speaking seem to be more respectful of personal space, their's and mine, so all good on that front. I have difficulty adjusting to one ways and that is what struck me of how different it has become.

Sustainable, who knows? I think Covid will soon be just one of those things we live with, by soon I mean maybe a couple of years, it will always be there, for my lifetime at least, a vaccine will help, it may change the game to an extent but I think Covid is here to stay for now.

The social distancing thing is something I've always done anyway, I already had it nailed. I've only just started venturing out to public places this last few weeks, I put petrol in my car for the first time since February 2 weeks ago. It is very different to what it was. In fairness, people generally speaking seem to be more respectful of personal space, their's and mine, so all good on that front. I have difficulty adjusting to one ways and that is what struck me of how different it has become.

Sustainable, who knows? I think Covid will soon be just one of those things we live with, by soon I mean maybe a couple of years, it will always be there, for my lifetime at least, a vaccine will help, it may change the game to an extent but I think Covid is here to stay for now.

Me too, never have liked anyone getting closer than one metre, more room on public transport is fine too.
Quite a few businesses that have gone were destined to go that way, might even have stopped some people getting further into debt.
Don't miss going to the supermarket one bit, already did a fair amount online anyway, so no change there

I think its about being sensible, life doesn't have to change completely and yes it will become part of life same as many other viruses have,
One thing I miss and cannot see being the same is live music gigs, they don't seem likely to resume as they were for a very long time.

Back