Revenge Of The Reversed 24mm

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
Here's a couple from today. with a reversed vivitar 24mm.

1:
_09T9854.jpg

2:
_09T9871-1.jpg

3:
_09T9894.jpg

Excellent.... and gross. No not really its only nature.
Can I ask what you mean by a reversed vivitar 24mm? Or does it simply mean the 24mm lens fitted in some way the wrong way round?

Andy

Excellent.... and gross. No not really its only nature.
Can I ask what you mean by a reversed vivitar 24mm? Or does it simply mean the 24mm lens fitted in some way the wrong way round?

Andy

Indeed Andy, a 24mm is capable of some fairly weighty magnification when used in reverse.
Attached via a reverse ring and all manual. The technique is difficult and very trial and error but it's certainly a great alternative to fawking out for a dedicated lens if cash is tight.

Have a look on this chaps blog, he has some pictures of his set ups in the information section:

http://blog.mdsign.nl/

Hey Tomas long time since you dipped your toes in the macro world, nice shots Mate (y)
I will have to stick the fd 28mm the wrong way round on one of my bodies one day and give it a go. ;)

Great shots, I love using my reversed 50mm with 32mm of tubes although have now bought a tammy 90 just to see if it is any less fiddly to use.

Hey Tomas long time since you dipped your toes in the macro world, nice shots Mate (y)
I will have to stick the fd 28mm the wrong way round on one of my bodies one day and give it a go. ;)

I know mate, I hardly get the chance these days, I can't wait for next week when we off to the summer cottage, should have plenty of opportunity then.

I still have a Sigma 180mm macro but if I'm on a job the 24mm and rev ring is much lighter to squeeze in my bag if a chance to shoot some bugs arises.
It's a much better magnification with the rev 24, I'm still waiting for Nikon to cough up an answer to the MPe65! Hurry up Nikon :razz:

Cheers for looking bud! (y)

Great shots, I love using my reversed 50mm with 32mm of tubes although have now bought a tammy 90 just to see if it is any less fiddly to use.

Cheers Richo!
My ext tubes have just broke, the lens segment doesn't lock properly, so now I have a pretty looking pen cup :LOL:

poking in on convo i am just starting out again. I have a sony a200 with basic lens , I would love a macro lens but money wow what a price. love the idea of what you are doing, could i do that and roughly how much does equipment cost. I am new to this my last camera is a pentax p30

poking in on convo i am just starting out again. I have a sony a200 with basic lens , I would love a macro lens but money wow what a price. love the idea of what you are doing, could i do that and roughly how much does equipment cost. I am new to this my last camera is a pentax p30

Hi, I also have an A200 and have been doing macro on the cheap for a while have a look here
All I spent on macro equipment for those was about £75 but £50 of that was for a set of kenko tubes. It is also a great way to learn about photography in general as it has to be done all manual.

No worries, I'm not too clued up on reverse rings for pentax gear but it must exist. My nikon one was about 20 euro :shrug:

Hi, I also have an A200 and have been doing macro on the cheap for a while have a look here
All I spent on macro equipment for those was about £75 but £50 of that was for a set of kenko tubes. It is also a great way to learn about photography in general as it has to be done all manual.

Cheers Richo (y)

cheers for info. Will i be able to get these in average camera shop

Back