Reverse 24mm Antics

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
Crikey it's been ages since I posted in here, I love macro but I rarely get the chance to be involved with any recently.
Lately, I'm really getting into the reverse lens method, it's very tricky but the magnification is excellent.
I have tried using the 24mm with tubes but I get some very nasty flare, if anyone can offer and tips to reduce it I'd be very glad to hear em.
Minus the extension tubes, I don't seem to experience any flare but after attaching even the smallest set, wham, nasty flare.

This chap was less than 4mm...
3490530323_df21ffb6c2_o.jpg

..and fancied both sides 'toasted'.
3491341440_60532e65e1_o.jpg

Chin wagging
_09D1989-Edit.jpg

DOH! (Since attempting the reverse lens method, I'm building a rather large collection of these)
_09D1977.jpg

'Stuck on you'
_09D2011-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Superb results with really good detail. I'm getting a good collection of #4 and I'm using a lens which still allows for focus confirm...

I had a bit of a play reversing my 50mm, needless to say, I was a long way short of stuff like this. :)

Cheers Jay!
My 50mm produces much better colours and is heckuva lot sharper than the 24mm.

I have a Sigma 180mm f/3.5 and the reverse 50mm is so similar in magnification, even better with a tube or two on.

Superb results with really good detail. I'm getting a good collection of #4 and I'm using a lens which still allows for focus confirm...

:LOL: I know exactly what you mean mate, I really need to begin the mass deletion of all the duff ones soon, that'll keep me busy for a few hours :crying:

In this digital age Tomas you need to get tough, 2 keeper and 2 deleters there for me. the keepers are super Mate (y)

What, no ice skates? :D
#1 for me Tomas (y)

In this digital age Tomas you need to get tough, 2 keeper and 2 deleters there for me. the keepers are super Mate (y)

Quite right there mate, although one stinker was for comical value :LOL:
I do heartily agree though Alby, the ants communicating is fit for trashing and I do need to get much more ruthless with binning stuff. (y)

What, no ice skates? :D
#1 for me Tomas (y)

:LOL: Well I did try but they don't make skates that small apparently :shrug: :LOL:

Back