Critique Reversed Lens Test (Green Orb Spider)

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Takumar Test

Thought I'd order a couple of cheap eBay lenses for reversing to see if I can get better results when going closer than 2:1.

The lens came and unfortunately I had no adapter... but I thought I would hand hold it on some extension tubes just to have a look!!!

Heres the result:

This was shot with the lens reversed on 36mm of tubes gives roughly 3.5:1.

Then the adapter came today so I had a quick hunt round the garden. It was pretty windy but I did manage to find this little Green Orb Spider on our Fig Tree.

This tiny Green Orb Spider roughly 3mm in length. now I have really struggled with extreme macro 2:1 and beyond, but I now believe this was down to the previous equipment, maybe the Tamron, tubes and rayon all together just isn't a good combination?!!!. This image was shot using an old Takumar 28mm 2.8 at F11, the lens was reversed onto 36mm extension tubes which gives roughly 3.5:1

This was a 3 shot stack handheld by holding the leaf against the blue sky.

Last edited:
Well Neil two cracking shots with that setup, the spider one is awesome and as your technique improves you can only get better, super shots.

Very good start to a new setup to you have got.

Shows that you don't need expensive lenses such as MP-E to achieve the magnification or sharpness ;)

Two very good shots Neil, with plenty of detail.(y)

As I said in our conversations I knew you'd be pleased with the results using that setup.

George.

This tiny Green Orb Spider roughly 3mm in length. now I have really struggled with extreme macro 2:1 and beyond, but I now believe this was down to the previous equipment, maybe the Tamron, tubes and rayon all together just isn't a good combination?!!!. This image was shot using an old Takumar 28mm 2.8 at F11, the lens was reversed onto 36mm extension tubes which gives roughly 3.5:1

This was a 3 shot stack handheld by holding the leaf against the blue sky.

Great execution! You and the new kit are going to get on very well together by the look of it.

Very nice Neil

Back