Review [Review] Giottos MTL 8360 Tripod (CF)

Edit My Images
No
Ok quick review:

This new Carbon Fibre Tripod has just arrived.

Giottos MTL8360B Adjustable Column Carbon Fibre Tripod (no head)
From Ebay seller - £125
Retail @ £160
weight - 1800g (about the weight of a bag of flour)
3 legs (3 sections on each)
Opens right out flat for low shots
able to rotate tripod head in to inverted position (for macro shots)
Extends to around 6.5 foot high (with extend arm)

Opinion - Well 1st impressions are that its 10x better than my cheap Velbon tripod....its feels cheap but thats only because of the Carbon fibre and being used to metal....its a very sturdy tripod that will stand up to rugged terrain and weather.....my manfrottos head fits on it which is a bonus.....it has a bag hook on it too....the ability to rotate and adapt the tripod to suit all types of shots is a huge draw, from low down macros to portraits to low wide landscape shots!

I think i'll feel it when im out and its attached to my bag but the next step up is an expensive one....its a good balance between weight and sturdy-ness.

all in all a great buy at a great price and i cant see myself getting anew one any time soon!!!!

I was after a Giottos 8361 but it was temporarily out of stock and on backorder when I was looking to replace my aged and very historic Leitz Tiltall. So in the end I settled on a Vanguard after reading about its' performance on the previous year's TIPA Awards. The Vanguard head was a disappointment and I replaced it with Giottos MH 5001. Since then I've purchased a Giottos monopod and ballhead. The company makes decent, reliable stuff which " does what it says on the tin " so to speak.

Thanks for the review and glad you're enjoying yours

a010.gif

H
a035.gif

Back