Review Review of 500px.com with Awesome account freebie!

interesting read
I was told about 500px a couple of months ago and the images on the front page are staggering. some amazing contributions

I have just joined and the technical quality on there is stunning and really makes you ensure you are only posting your very best shots there,maybe its personal taste though because a lot of the subject matter leaves me cold

CaptainPenguin said:
I have just joined and the technical quality on there is stunning and really makes you ensure you are only posting your very best shots there,maybe its personal taste though because a lot of the subject matter leaves me cold

Which shots? I do find there's a lot of portraiture there, and some argue the site is more focused towards it.

Which shots? I do find there's a lot of portraiture there, and some argue the site is more focused towards it.

There is a lot of portraiture and there is some great stull but much of the work is very average composition and subject matter IMHO,it seems getting the technique right is the priority rather than the image itself

CaptainPenguin said:
There is a lot of portraiture and there is some great stull but much of the work is very average composition and subject matter IMHO,it seems getting the technique right is the priority rather than the image itself

Maybe so.
I find the nature and wildlife work is really good in the most part though? Or is that what you're referring to.

Maybe so.
I find the nature and wildlife work is really good in the most part though? Or is that what you're referring to.

Part of what i am talking about is the obsession with HDR to cover up bad composition,there seems a lot of this that becomes art to cover up the mistakes made in the initial shot.
Its strange because alongside what I think is rubbish is some of the best photography on the net

CaptainPenguin said:
Part of what i am talking about is the obsession with HDR to cover up bad composition,there seems a lot of this that becomes art to cover up the mistakes made in the initial shot.
Its strange because alongside what I think is rubbish is some of the best photography on the net

Ah that makes sense - I never look at those categories! :)

Back