Review Review of a Fly Reel Case as a Camera/Lens case.

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
Due to a suggestion of a using a Fly Reel Case as a Lens/Camera case in this thread I decided to purchase a couple from ebay. Whilst the first case would have done the job and only cost a miserly £4.99 plus £2.99 postage it was not particularly well made. The second case I found on ebay item number 400112991144 at £22.59 + £4.50 was a very different proposition.

It seems very well made, the dividers supplied offered many options and the lid & organiser cover offered many pockets for small items. The external colour is sort of an olive green and to be fair looks nothing like a camera bag/case. There is also an external zipped document pocket. The bags external measurements were 16" x 12" x 6". The bag is also quite light compared to similar sized Camera bags whilst still offering protection and even fully loaded is not too heavy to carry around. This may be because it's a 1980s film outfit and everything seemed smaller and lighter then. It is also supplied with a nice thick detachable shoulder strap.

I managed to fit in it comfortably my, OM4Ti with 50mm f1.4, 3x Pentax bodies (which when they come back from their CLAs will be 2x OM2n and an OM1n), T32 Flash, 50mm f1.8, 24mm f2.8, 35-70mm f4, 70-150mm f4, 135mm f2.8 (All Zuikos) and a Centon 500mm f8 Catadioptric (Mirror). There were also 2 other spare dividers too if you wanted to have more thinner items.

Bag

Bagexternal.jpg

Internal Organiser

Bagpockets.jpg

Divider section

Bagpacked.jpg

To be honest Scott I don't think the Gripped camera would fit, I have no doubt the bodies/lens combination could be made to fit by moving the dividers, but the grip would probably make the body stand too proud.

Ideal bag for a complete obsessive ;)

Hmmm! is that aimed at me? :cautious:

Pretty much bang on I'd have thought. :eek:

I love cameras, I had better not show you my Pentax Case :naughty:

Last edited:
Hmmm! is that aimed at me? :cautious:

Pretty much bang on I'd have thought. :eek:

I love cameras, I had better not show you my Pentax Case :naughty:

Ever so slightly ;)

I did look at it and wonder how many lenses I could buy to fit in it so I'm not any better!

Back