Rhossili

Edit My Images
Yes
Just one from a couple of days ago;

Rhossili001.jpg

Hope you like!

Love it, nice part of the world.

How hard is it these days to be critical.

is it less dramatic with a midway shutter speed

would there be more atmosphere with a bit more fog from a slower shutter or is the drama compromised by not freezing some big breakers with a faster shutter..

or neither..:shrug:

or is it just a nice photo :)

*grasps straws*

Lol.

Probably none of the above! Amount of water blur strictly dictated by film speed, the fact the sun had set half an hour ago, reciprocity failure and a desire to use the optimum aperture. Sometimes I like film for the creative control it actually takes away in conditions like this.

F22, 8 seconds, 90mm lens. Adox chs 100 exposed at 50 and dev'd in rodinal for 11'30" as opposed to my normal 10 to push some contrast in.

I could have used a larger aperture, but that would have meant less sharpness but I only wouldve gained 3 stops max. I could have pushed to ISO 400 but the grain is mental on adox when pushed. 4 stop gain maybe. So I could maybe have squeezed it to 1/16th second at a massive loss of image quality.

So there you go. It's good when you have to explain stuff as it makes me think objectively and detached from something that was verymuch attached and subjective at the point of creation.

God I sound like a pompous arse sometimes lol.

It is what is. And that's what the viewer perceives it to be.

Brilliant. Was down there myself a few weeks ago, I would have really loved to have got some from near the causeway to worms head. I did however explore mewslade bay alot.
I wander if there was a nice pink glow in the sky if colour would have made a good exposure aswell as the b+w.
As it stands though, I like it. I can admire the craftmanship thats gone into the making of this image. Its not all a breeze using large format.

Cheers Edd.

I've never ventured round to Mewslade. I think I'd quite like to spend a week or so on the Gower exploring it a bit, as its always such a rush to get there!

I did shoot a frame of velvia but I suspect I have under exposed it looking at this one!

Time will tell when the box is finished and it goes off for processing!

I'm lucky I only live about 40 mins away, was down Oxwitch today having a wander, lovely shot mate. Wayne

amazing!

i will have to try and get down there when I move to wales for studying!

The texture and subtlty really entice me to look at this photo for ages! It is captivating, the fog and the rocks and i like the slight humps in the sea of incoming waves. I feel they bring a feeling of change to the photo which is all to common with the British coast as its an island.

nice work!

Back