RIAT Saturday

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

My first post with images so please be gentle.....

All from RIAT on Saturday. Weather turned out good but I personally felt the display was lacking compared to the last couple of years.

All shots taken using a 10D with EF75-300 III usually at the extreme long end.

Anyway, here they are.

1. Hurricane from Battle of Britain memorial flight

hurri.jpg

2. Battle of Britain Flight (3 x Spits + 1 x Hurricane)

flight.jpg

3. Avro Lancaster

Lanc.jpg

4. B1-B Lancer

B1b.jpg

5. 3 x Red Arrows

arrows1.jpg

6. Dutch F-16

f161.jpg

7. F-117

f117.jpg

Any helpful critique welcomed.

I feel that most of my shots were questionably metered so exposure was off (I was using evaluative rather than partial metering). Also focus sometimes wandered and hunted (EF75-300 III). I also suspect my trigger action on occasion was a bit sharp and jerky...... lots to learn yet !!

Any help appreciated.

Russ

Another great set of pics from RIAT, can't fault em. Love the haze on the B1-B, never seen one of them before. The afterburner of the F-16 and you gotta love the Stealth, they look so mean. nice job

Nice framing and exposure Russ. Maybe a little soft, but thats easily rectified. I guess theres a fair crop on the pictures, which probably contributed to that.
I also use a 10D, and use evaluative metering, which works well on a 400mm lens, sometimes dialling in +.5 ex comp.
All in all good stuff mate.
Dean:)

Me again, just did a slight edit on your Hurrican picture, to show how a sharpened edit will look. Hope you dont mind.
hurri-edit.jpg

Some nice shots there, especially the spitfire.(y)

It's interesting to see everyone elses pics as the weather looks different in each set. Some look like it was cloudy all day.:thinking: :LOL:

Thanks for the comments all.

Nice sharpening job Dino. TBH I guess I had things a bit reversed cause these are resized copies of PP'd photos sent for prints, the print copy was much better but the sharpness has decresaed in the resize for posting. The shots you have posted are fantastic BTW.

Anybody had experience of the 75-300 with a 10D. I was losing focus lock a lot. Would better glass help or is this largely down to the relative age of the body?

Cheers all

Russ

The lens should be okay with the 10D, i wouldnt worry too much about the age of the body (says me who just turned 35 today:LOL: ) I also own a 350D and use a 30D (not mine)and i dont think they are a patch on the 10D.
Alot of people say this.

Back