Riders on the Storm

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
A dramatic sunset on a tumultuous cloud effect.

SkyRiders.jpg

Hi John, not sure what you mean by 'listen to the doors' but I'm sure that images like this would appeal to your artistic sense. :)

Hi John, not sure what you mean by 'listen to the doors' but I'm sure that images like this would appeal to your artistic sense. :)
Perhaps you are not old enough to remeber but the "Doors" had a hit with Riders on the Storm too many years ago to be comfortable.

Great pic BTW.

That's a cracking picture.

I'm older enough, Great song, great photo. (y)

Perhaps you are not old enough to remeber but the "Doors" had a hit with Riders on the Storm too many years ago to be comfortable.

Great pic BTW.

Great pic BTW.
haha im 20 and i know the doors. You should listen to 'riders on the storm' cracking track
That's a cracking picture.
Just listened to Riders on the Storm and yep, it works, lovely photo!
great shot
I'm older enough, Great song, great photo. (y)

It's not that I'm not old enough, but more a matter of being too old to have heard of The Doors (stopped listening to pops in the seventies!), although it was their song that inspired my title. Had I chosen a title and singer with whom I am more familiar, it would have been the hit single from the fifties, Ghost Riders in the Sky by Vaughn Monroe but then how many of you would remember? :D - Thanks guys.

Ghost Riders in the Sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsfw9CEQITA

It's not that I'm not old enough, but more a matter of being too old to have heard of The Doors (stopped listening to pops in the seventies!), although it was their song that inspired my title. Had I chosen a title and singer with whom I am more familiar, it would have been the hit single from the fifties, Ghost Riders in the Sky by Vaughn Monroe but then how many of you would remember? :D - Thanks guys.

Ghost Riders in the Sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsfw9CEQITA

Sadly, I confess to remembering this. Not this version though. It must have been a later one (much.....:cautious:). And a great picture too.

That is awesome wonderful colours and texture. You realy do live in an exceptionally photogenic part of the world !

That is awesome wonderful colours and texture. You realy do live in an exceptionally photogenic part of the world !

wow what a metamophasis, it looks like there's a light bulb inside, nice shot

Sadly, I confess to remembering this. Not this version though. It must have been a later one (much.....:cautious:). And a great picture too.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :)

Blimey!!

That's a very nice capture.

Can't remember seeing anything like that, and I've been a sky lover for over 30 years.

That's a very nice capture. Can't remember seeing anything like that, and I've been a sky lover for over 30 years.
Thanks Steve, I live atop a high hill; when I saw the formation developing it blew my mind and I went straight for my camera.

I see from your profile that as a sky diver you must be very familiar with cloud formations- have you ever dived through such a cloud?

Hey mark

Yes I've punched through a few, great fun :D but a little dangerous, the weirdest thing is when the sun is above you and your coming straight down on one, you think your going to smash into someone :eek: but it's your own shadow :LOL:

I have opened at the top of one like yours and flew through it, took around 40 seconds before I came out of it, very strange experience.

Crazy light! Nice one.
Thanks nicofell. :)

Hey mark
Yes I've punched through a few, great fun :D but a little dangerous, the weirdest thing is when the sun is above you and your coming straight down on one, you think your going to smash into someone :eek: but it's your own shadow :LOL: I have opened at the top of one like yours and flew through it, took around 40 seconds before I came out of it, very strange experience.
I can only imagine the experience, Steve - it must be a rush! I have toyed with the idea of doing a tandem jump, if that's what you call it when you are harnessed to an experience jumper?) but I think it will remain just one of those things that I would like to have done. :shrug:

Mark my friend.

Jump for free, read this please

http://www.themaisyroseproject.co.uk/Maisys_Miracle/Events/Entries/2009/8/25_Jump_for_Maisy.html

I'll sort things out this end

Then go here

http://www.skydivetasmania.com.au/

I've been throwing people out of planes for over 9 years and I know when someone is ready, and today my friend that someone is you.

1. Is it scary, YES
2. Will it push you to the limit, YES
3. Is it an adrenaline rush, NO, it's way beyond that.
4. Is it safe, you need to read a good friend of mine site http://www.transcendingfear.com/

PM me for further info, it's a life changing experience with the right people involved and I've got ya back on this one.

WOW!!! Steve, that's really throwing down the gauntlet and awakened my interest. Thanks for the links, I wasn't aware of the existence of the Tasmanian group although from time to time I see parachutists floating down above Hobart where I live. OK, I'm game but not until after New Year as I have a 5 week solo Outback trip coming up. Please tell me - have you posted any shots of your experience and if I go for it would I be able to carry a camera? (I do happen to have an Olympus with a polycarbonate housing)

Back