RIP Neil Peart

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
For me the greatest drummer of all time.
Rush drummer, Neil Peart has died.
I feel fortunate to have seen Rush live 5 times since I bought my first Rush album in 79. Glad to have shared their music with both my sons who saw them with me the last 3 times.
A truly talented drummer and lyricist.
View: https://youtu.be/Sa0C5Uxpd3c

Really shocked me this news. I’ve been a big Rush fan since my late teens, seen them live a few times (including the gig linked in your post!) I always used to nip out for a beer during the drum/bass/etc solo part of a rock gig. Not when Neil played - his solos were incredible, probably the best musician I have ever seen live. RIP.

Last edited:
Another long term Rush fan having bought my first album in 1981 and been fortunate to see them live a few times the last being in 2013.

He wasn’t only a very fine drummer, certainly the best I’ve heard live, and entertainer but he also wrote some of my favourite lyrics.

RIP Neil Peart

This is very sad, a great loss to the music world. I never saw Rush live but I always enjoy their music. Farewell to Kings and Permanent Waves are 2 of my all time favourite albums.

Neil Peart inspired my partner to start playing drums when he was young. He has a full drum kit and gets together with a few mates now again to play. They're big Rush fans and do a lot of their stuff. Sadly I don't have a musical bone in my body but I know what I like and I did see Rush live once.

My first exposure to Rush was closer to the heart on a pub jukebox in 1977 , I still have the 12" single I bought the next day, whenever I hear it I'm transported to that pub in 1977
RIP Neil , you made some great memories for a lot of people

My first exposure to Rush was closer to the heart on a pub jukebox in 1977 , I still have the 12" single I bought the next day, whenever I hear it I'm transported to that pub in 1977
RIP Neil , you made some great memories for a lot of people
My first exposure was buying the album Permanent Waves. I was 16/17 and having just started my apprenticeship, had money to start buying Sounds music paper and buying records, saw a full page advert for Permanent Waves and went out and bought the album just on the strength of that. Luckily I was totally blown away by its content.

Best drummer ever. Saw Rush in the 90s and he was amazing! Same day I saw the best bassist in the world, Les Claypool :D It's all subjective of course but wow.

Spotted on a music forum that Audible is offering Neil’s books free of charge for a few days.

From the website:

In light of Neil Peart's passing, and in honor of his life and contributions to the world of audio, Audible is offering this work at no cost* through January 28th, 2020.
*While free to all listeners, rights holders will be compensated.

Back