RIP Ronnie Barker

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Nothing to do with Photography i know, but a comedy genius who sadly died today.

Im sure he will be remembered fondly by all of us, always made me laugh, even the stuff thats repeated is still funny, showing that you dont have to be rude or vulgar to raise a laugh.

RIP

EosD said:
Nothing to do with Photography i know, but a comedy genius who sadly died today.

Im sure he will be remembered fondly by all of us, always made me laugh, even the stuff thats repeated is still funny, showing that you dont have to be rude or vulgar to raise a laugh.

RIP
Exactly

An irreplaceable comic genius that I have had the good fortune to have seen his work from childhood to adulthood and still find as funny as it was all those years ago.

RIP:(

He was shown on TV today answering a question about how he would like to be remembered after he has gone, his reply was that he hoped to be remembered as a man who made people laugh...job done as far as I am concerned.

His word play was supurb and in a class of its own.

One of the greats who will be missed.

Yeah I saw that reply

"I'd like to be remembered as one of the great comediens.........[They would say]He did make us laugh, oh he did.......God bless him."

As I've said on countless other forums, he was one of the best comedy actors to come out of the 20th century. As Steve said, his wordplay was superb, and just goes to show he had an absolutely genius mind when it came to his writing.

Sorely missed in my household, that's for sure. Although he hasn't done much recent comedy work, I love nothing more than to throw on a Porridge or Open All Hours DVD, and laugh myself stupid.

I think the best words I can say about this are simply.....
"RIP Ronnie Barker....for all the laughs you've given me over the years.....thankyou"

He was brilliant. I always think of him as Fletcher, Piggy Malone (or was it Charley Farley?), Fork Handles/four candles and opening the door to the Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town.

Edit: wonderful quote from the BBc comments page: I met Ronnie Barker in an airport in Italy when I was seven. He told my sister and I that Ronnie Corbett was packed in his case to save on the price of a ticket.

milou said:
Fork Handles/four candles and opening the door to the Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town.

Absolute genius, RIP

"RIP Ronnie Barker....for all the laughs you've given me over the years.....thankyou"

couldnt agree more Marcel

I find it quite scary when I think about how few of the great comics are left.

Just David Jason now as far as I can see. :(

And Ronnie Corbett ;)
There's still quite a few left, though admittedly it is a startling thought that they are not long left in this lifetime unfortunately.

John Cleese, Ronnie Corbett, David Jason etc.

When you sit back and think about how many have died, it's a sobering thought really. Just how quick life can pass us by.

I honestly think David Jason will be next, unfortunately.

GfK said:
I find it quite scary when I think about how few of the great comics are left.

Just David Jason now as far as I can see. :(

Yes and did you see David Jason been interviewed about Ronnies death,

Hell he looked terrible.. :(

As quoted by others here Ronny Barker was one of the best in the business and the comic legends are indeed getting less sadly..:(

RIP.. :beer:

Back