RIp software.. whats it all about?

Edit My Images
No
There so many types on the market.. i'm now unsure exactly what the purpose is for..?

Im having some colour management issues.. in that no matter what settings I choose I get wrong colours. So if I was using RIP software would that force the printer and image profiles to sync?

Hi,
all I know is that with RIP software you can override printer drivers, so you are not limited by them. Also you get more precised calibration.

What did you use to calibrate your printer? I used I1 Pro and was very pleased with results.

My printers have the sprect.. build in (cant spell the word) :).
HP Z2100 (x2) and HP Z3100.

But colour managment in driver and PS settings is a nightmare and changing the slightest thing can make it go wrong!
I need to train two staff to send things to print but having to select all the different options for each machine is confusing.

Any ideas?

Have a look at q-image - it's a very low cost RIP for PC only - and designed for photographers

The best RIP out there for photographers has to be Colorbytes Imageprint, I use it on all my printers and i know for at least 1 other person on this forum who uses it commercially as well. (cant just remember who it is though)

Back