Rise and set on winter Anglesey shores

Edit My Images
No
From a recent trip to what is fast becoming one of my favorite coastlines for photography. Away from the resorts it has suprisingly wild and beautiful coastline.

Warning! Misty water shots.....sorry Si I am just a sucker for em ;)

No PP other than use of in camera picture styles, WB, crop and leveling
(Gonna stop putting my little side note out as it seemed to cause me too much grief repeatedly trying to explain myself)

Opinions on 3 if any of you would be so kind. It has a child sized washed up shoe in it. Do you consider it.

a) Arty.
b) Shoe doesn't belong in that scene.
c) It has a suggestion of something morbid (is that a good or a bad thing?)

IMG_8448.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

IMG_8493.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

IMG_8692.jpg

IMG_8797_3.jpg

IMG_8807.jpg

Thanks guys :D

Numbers 2 and 5 my favourites from your set, the texture of that large foreground rock in 2 makes for a cracking pic itself. I'm not a huge fan of misty water shots except for waterfalls and the like but I would prefer that shot without the shoe though.

Last edited:
Great set - superb colours in some of them. I like no 5 but I was wondering if it had two points of interest - the lighthouse and the post - one distracts from the other IMHO. Still ike the textures though.

Some do look quite processed even if they were not :)

Oh and (b

Very impressive as usual. The shoe could be regarded as normal flotsam and jetsom but it does look a bit out of place.

Thanks alot guys :)

Great set - superb colours in some of them. I like no 5 but I was wondering if it had two points of interest - the lighthouse and the post - one distracts from the other IMHO. Still ike the textures though.

I know what you mean but neither subject is enough to work on it's own and the balance between the two is ok with me.

Some do look quite processed even if they were not :)

Oh and (b

Hmmm maybe that means I am on the right lines to achieving in camera what was achieved on film for decades then? :shrug: Hope so!

Very, very strong colours. What filters did you use?
And I really like this set. Hard to say but I am a fan of soft/misty water :)

B)

I used a polariser on all of them apart from 5 and a combination on hard and soft grads at various angles.

Mmmm, lovely set again Sie. Love the fg rocks in 2, such a contrast compared to the reddish bg. Oh, and the shoe gets the boot from me.

Andy

I really enjoyed looking at these. Cheers(y)(y)(y)

Thanks guys :D

:LOL: Lot's of shoe puns ;)

Seems like it's an aquired taste. Only 2 people have said they like it. It works for me in an arty way and I can't explain why.

Back