River Brathay and the Langdale Pikes

Edit My Images
Yes
Due to the recent crash of my old PC I've been a bit ultra cautious and backed up all my old shots in triplicate.
During the process I found 3 shots I took last summer to make a pano of the Brathay and the Langdales.
Since these images have been waiting around for almost a year to be stitched, I thought it only fair to give them an airing. :embarasse

The river Brathay in the foreground and behind, the early morning mist rising over Elter Water with the Langdale Pikes in the background.

A bigger version can be found here;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lomond/1D MK II/Brathay-pano--1200.jpg

Brathay-pano--800.jpg

In principal, it's a lovely shot, and I feel that the mist really adds to it.
I'm presuming that this is a culmination of the three mentioned shots? Have you added the reflection or is this how it was shot? The reason i ask is that it doesn't seem quite right - the trees and the 'pikes' seem too far away to be reflected as they are in the water :ponders: Just my opinion... :)

Couldn't care less if it has been fiddled! (even though it hasn't!)

Tis a truly beautiful image.

I hope your pc breaks again cos you're making me feel inferior lol ;)

I can see what minimeeze is saying as well. I think it is due to the amount of foreground.

I just moved the image to the bottom of my screen to lose some of the foreground and the reflection looked correct. Not a problem - just an observation :)

So you going to get it framed? looks worth it.

Gandhi said:
I hope your pc breaks again

:hand: :suspect1: :D
Better not. It's a nightmare to be computerless.

Thanks for the comments Ghandi.

RobertP said:
I can see what minimeeze is saying as well. I think it is due to the amount of foreground.
Could well be, Robert.
I preferred keeping more of the Brathay in than cropping.

Framed ? No, I wouldnt be allowed to hang it anywhere. :sadcry:

Outstanding !:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I have tried a few of these and have only had limited success. Well done!

I like it a lot :)

Garnock said:
This is taken from the path about 2 or 3 hundred metres SW of Elter Water.

You know the area then ?

Living in Carlisle and working in all the schools in Cumbria I know the area well. My wife was brought up in Grasmere so I learned to drive on Redbank just up from your picture. (If you can hillstart on Redbank you can start anywhere).
My problem is that I hardly ever get time as I whizz around the lakes to walk far from the road as I'm always heading somewhere. - Great shot there though. :thumb:

Allan

Keltic Ice Man said:
Living in Carlisle and working in all the schools in Cumbria I know the area well. My wife was brought up in Grasmere so I learned to drive on Redbank just up from your picture. (If you can hillstart on Redbank you can start anywhere).
My problem is that I hardly ever get time as I whizz around the lakes to walk far from the road as I'm always heading somewhere. - Great shot there though. :thumb:

Allan

My wife and I rented a cottage for the week in Grasmere.
I got up every morning at 4 am to take these shots.
One morning at Elter Water another morning at Castlerigg another at Watendlath and so on.
I had all of the above to myself and this was the height of the summer season.
Early rises aren't all bad. :ponders:

great shot, love it. Would there be anywhere near kendal i could take similar shots to this, or will i have to go further afield, i am there in sept, staying at Levens.
TFS

Boon said:
great shot, love it. Would there be anywhere near kendal i could take similar shots to this, or will i have to go further afield, i am there in sept, staying at Levens.
TFS

Not too familiar wih Kendal but the above shot was taken only 15 miles away.
I also like Newby Bridge and Cartmel which is about the same distance.
In fact I just like the Lake District.
If the weather's nice so is the walking and photography.
If the weather's crap, enjoy the pubs. :beer:

lovely shot i like it :thumb:

Boon said:
TFS

Boon Its a short trip from Levens up to the back of Grasmere. (about 15 miles) - try to avoid the centre of Kendal as its a bit of a carpark.

Another nice place is round Rydal - really nice peaceful lake.

You'll enjoy levens - beautiful gardens at the hall. Think the head gardener is still the Blue Peter gardener Chris Crowder.

Allan

hi allan
thanks for the info, will try and get there, and Rydal as well, cant have enough cumbrian photo's in the bag.
Main place to visit is Levens hall and gardens, really looking forward to it, just hoping for nice weather.

Back