River Dee

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
River Dee just at the walk way at the back of a place called Peterculter in Aberdeen ...

Be gentle with me :)

3893586122_efe458fdca.jpg

I like the way the path and the river lead the viewer into the picture and the way the tree frames the scene. Might have been better if there was something on the horizon - you know, church steeple or whatever that would draw the eye.

Many positives here...good color, saturation, crisp focus, nice colors in the sky. The lower half of the photo (esp. the vegetation) seems a bit underexposed to my eye. You might try some PP to pull out a bit more detail.

I'm not sure what you wanted as your subject. You titled the post as "River Dee" making me think that your intent was to focus on the river, yet the path is the dominant element in your photo. I think the two elements (path and river) are competing for the viewer's attention.

Lovely ambience, Mr G.
"There was a jolly miller once,
Lived by the River Dee ... "
Now perchance, would that be one and the same River Dee to which the song refers?

Hi, I think the two lead-in lines compete with each other. It looks like a great sky if pos a bend in the river with more sky in it?

I'm not sure what you wanted as your subject. You titled the post as "River Dee" making me think that your intent was to focus on the river, yet the path is the dominant element in your photo. I think the two elements (path and river) are competing for the viewer's attention.

thanks guys
I can now see where you are coming from with the two elements path and river
competing just need to be more aware about subject....(y)

Back