River Neath Waterfalls, Wales

Name
Julian Slaughter
Edit My Images
Yes
After a good 2 hour drive, I got to Pontneddfechan, where I started an hours walk to Sgwd Gwladus falls on the river Neath. When I set out from Worcester, the sun was shining but when I got to Wales it was raining. But think this made the images look better.

I only got so far up the trail and could have seen more but I was knackered as it was. I highly recommend this place for a photography session, its magical.

Anyway, could I have some c&c on these shots please, I'd be delighted to here on how I could have improved on these.

2620949600_d97d11f77a_o.jpg

2620124757_f3eb01b93e_o.jpg

2620948514_2f92698c24_o.jpg

2620948978_c79ffc3031_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

2 is my fav. nice shot.

Well worth the walk, I'd say. Cracking set (y)

Thanks guys. And yes, its easy to blow highlights on waterfall shots, at least i do anyway

A great set of shots, they are very pleasing to the eye.

Great shots......out of interest how do you take slowmo watershots. I slow the shutterspeed, and set the exposure low, but mine always seem too bright still/overexposed. Whats the trick?

It sure is a great place for photography, I visited last year...

I like the 1st & 2nd shots, o.k the highlights are a bit blown but they're still nice - did you shoot them in RAW as you may be able to recover them a little ?

simon

Two is my favourite. I dunno, somehow blown highlights in water like that just don't look as bad as a blown sky (for example). I think two is pretty nigh on perfect really!

Great shots......out of interest how do you take slowmo watershots. I slow the shutterspeed, and set the exposure low, but mine always seem too bright still/overexposed. Whats the trick?

are you using ND filters?

great shots too...in my back yard they are.did the full loop a few months ago,and it took us all day..and yes i was knackered after it all.

Last edited:
Cheers everyone, I really appreciate your comments.

On these shots I used a circular polarizing filter, for 3 reasons. Firstly, the bring out the greens, secondly, reduce reflections on the water and thirdly to allow a slower shutter speed whilst still using f8, the sweet spot, on the lens. Sometimes I use an ND filter but as it was so bright I went with the cpl instead.

i also like 1 and 2 best , but they all do have that peaceful feeling(y)

Back