River Trent (Now with the finished Images)

Edit My Images
No
I've been trying to hunt down a decent image for ages down at Gunthorpe and finally started to get close last night.
But it's still not quite what I'm looking for

Also, there's millions of bugs that spent the evening feed on me :thumbsdown:

hope you like this

Debs

posts.jpg

Last edited:
Nice composition but the floats spoil it for me :crying:

Yes, I do agree and I'm hoping to sit down later today and remove them to see how it looks then, but that sparks that huge debate. If I take the floats out it may look better but then its not a photgrapher of a real place. It becomes an image based on a photograph. Which is perfectly valid as well!

As for the bugs. I like to suffer for my art!! :bonk:

Have fun
Debs

PS!
Instead of getting to work and working I did a bit of quick and dirty photoshop work on this. It is Friday after all!!

posts2.jpg

Last edited:
The conversion is good, and the mood is begging for a simpler scene I feel. With the right balance, this shot would be ace.

Gary.

The conversion is good, and the mood is begging for a simpler scene I feel. With the right balance, this shot would be ace.

Gary.

Thanks, Coming from from you taht means something :)

The location is very difficult to get to. what you can not see in the photo is on my right is a huge weir and I'm right on the edge of it. A very small step to the right and I would be in the weir!!

I agree about it needing to be simpler and this location has been moved to the number 1 slot for the next calm foggy morning when the cultter in the background will magiclly vanish.

:)

After a fair bit of playing in CS4 here's the 2 finsihed images from my trip down to the river last night

I hope you like them.

Debs

003.jpg
004.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks John

yes, park up on the main road and walk down the Lane/Dirt Trak to the marina entrance. Instead of going in just keep walking about another 300 yards and you come to the side of the river. Your there :)

This time of the yesr the sun sets directly across the other side of the river and mid day its up river if that's any help.

Debs

I think the edited version of your original shot works the best. Both are very nice though and the B&W works well.

Paul

Back