River Witham

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
Two from Tattershall Bridge area, cloned out telegraph pole and lines that spread the width of the river, first time i've done this using pick/airbrush every 30mm for eveness in #2.

Comments Crits welcome ! ;)

DSC_0778.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

Thanks Dave, i know what you mean about #1 i waited for the boat to come into shot.
on #2 do you really think the sky needs a crop and how much ?

I agree with DD. No 2 is very nice indeed.

Andy

Yeah, the bridge is too much of a silhouette in the first shot, maybe go back when the front of the bridge is lit by the sun.

I agree with DiddyDave about 1 being a snap, and 2 being a great picture.

I would crop the second picture just by a little, so that the horizon was more in line with the top "thirds" line, rather than between that and the centre line as it is at the moment. Then I think it would look more balanced. I'd hang it on my wall as is though!

I agree with DiddyDave about 1 being a snap, and 2 being a great picture.

I would crop the second picture just by a little, so that the horizon was more in line with the top "thirds" line, rather than between that and the centre line as it is at the moment. Then I think it would look more balanced. I'd hang it on my wall as is though!

Thanks, i know what you mean but that Black water just needs to be left in i think and the reeds sticking up add to a nice bit of interest. Looks nice on print :p

Thanks, i know what you mean but that Black water just needs to be left in i think and the reeds sticking up add to a nice bit of interest. Looks nice on print :p

I think you misunderstood me Graham. I didn't mean crop it at the bottom, I meant at the top. I'm saying if you move the top edge down so that the horizon is at the top "thirds" line, then it may look more balanced with a little less sky, but the bottom will stay intact.

I must reiterate though, that I LOVE it as it is. My cropping suggestion is just me seeing it from DiddyDave's point of view.

Last edited:
I like your second shot best and just as it is.
But I can't see that your first shot can work at all, regardless.

Back