Critique Riverside

It's one of those occasions when it's difficult to know what's best, black and white or colour. I prefer the black and white one myself. It's cleaner and helps with the detail.

Thanks yes I know what you are saying.
I was struggling with the settings on the camera but more research and better white valence hopefully I can make it better

What exactly are you struggling with? It's highly likely I won't be able to give you a comprehensible answer, but someone will. :D

Like what settings to use a bit when it’s cloudy. I have realised that I didn’t adjust my white balance to cloudy it was on sunny, I’m shooting on manual and get adjusting the other settings slowly.
I’m watching lots of videos on processing as well as I’m getting used to photoshop and lightroom

I find haze removal great for shots like this but that's because I don't knows what I'm doing! :)

full

That amazing willi cheers I will watch more photoshop videos and practice more but that’s awesome

As I said I'm no expert buy Haze removal and auto fix gives me a good result or at least a starting point. It's no where near as good as some of these peeps on here but does me.

Like what settings to use a bit when it’s cloudy. I have realised that I didn’t adjust my white balance to cloudy it was on sunny, I’m shooting on manual and get adjusting the other settings slowly.
I’m watching lots of videos on processing as well as I’m getting used to photoshop and lightroom

My first thought would be to set your white balance to auto. It's one less thing to worry about, and does the job 99 percent of the time. You don't have to adjust it every time. You'll be tearing your hair out at that rate.

The way I approach it is to think about what is important for any particular scene. If there is movement then you need to think about your shutter speed. If it's a static scene and depth of field is important then you need to concentrate on the aperture. Once you have decided adjust everything else to get the desired result.

make sure to level your camera, it looks crooked to me. Also it’s probably personal taste but I don’t like having things leaving or entering the sides of the photo. I’d move left or right to include or take out that piece or wood on the far right.
I’d go for colour over black and white. When it’s overcast I find black and white tends to look grey and low contrast

You mean photoshop the posts out ? Or just move round. I could only go from that side as any more round is sinking mud lol

J
You mean photoshop the posts out ? Or just move round. I could only go from that side as any more round is sinking mud lol
Could photoshop them, or just crop it like it did. It’s up to you, it’s just something I like

Last edited:
What he's doing there Mr Bing is cropping to make the image more central and make it a more pleasing composition. By which I mean balanced.

Back