RNLI Anstruther Lifeboat

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to grab a shot of the lifeboat speeding into Anstruther the other day. A few mins later they were having some problems as they couldn't get it back up the slipway. Despite being a little lifeboat it's probably pretty 'state of the art' but when you see how old the lifeboat shelter is and the age of the tractor they were using to winch it back up the slope you can appreciate why the RNLI need the donations.

Click for bigger

Lovely colours in that shot... Those Mersey Class boats are gorgeous aren't they? I've got a friend who's on the crew of the Moira Barrie in Barmouth. :)

Nicely done Phil. ;)

Si

Brilliant shot from a lovely stretch of the coastline.

Cheers - That part of Fife does have some lovely coastline. The background is east Lothian - kind of the Dunbar area. The previous shot had the boat with Bass rock behind it. Unfortunately the boat was out of focus though.

Lovely colours in that shot... Those Mersey Class boats are gorgeous aren't they? I've got a friend who's on the crew of the Moira Barrie in Barmouth. :)

Nicely done Phil. ;)

Si

Thanks. I don't really know much about boats so I looked up Mersey Class and you're right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersey_class_lifeboat

Back