Road to nowhere

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken a short while ago but recently processed.
1_copy_2.jpg

Ken.

Yer it seems a bit overly processed. Too much fill light in Rawshooter?

i like it though despite the processing, its a little different, the sky especially

It's different...

I can't say if I like it or not. The sky its good, but I think it's not working well with the rest of the photo.

petemc said:
Yer it seems a bit overly processed. Too much fill light in Rawshooter?
Probably right about over processed but not the fill light, although CS2's shadow and highlight is probably the same thing. I think most came from the eyedropper B&W points in exposure CS2.
Being honest I like the contrast and texture in the first image but have re-processed and picking different points came up with these.
3a2qj.jpg

Not as much of a red tinge to the picture above this time and less contrasty
Even less red and colder feel
1a3tl.jpg

All by picking different B&W points in exposure CS2
The original withought processing
5a5pd.jpg

I apreciate all the comments, help and advice and would like to get my processing skills to an acceptable level.
Thanks again.
Ken.

I like that better Ken, gives it some texture i feel

Ken I feel its your processing that is having the effect of making the picture look a little un-natural.

5a5pd.jpg

I have taken your unprocessed image and altered the levels and then applied a very small amount of sharpening to compensate for the web view. Obviously I have processed this image to represent a natural looking landscape so if it was your intention to have the image looking as you have above then my steps are useless to you :)

It definitely looked over processed. I quite liked it though despite it having a graphical look to it and there's certainly a place for that sort of effect as long as it's what you intended. :)

Steve said:
Ken I feel its your processing that is having the effect of making the picture look a little un-natural.

I have taken your unprocessed image and altered the levels and then applied a very small amount of sharpening to compensate for the web view. Obviously I have processed this image to represent a natural looking landscape so if it was your intention to have the image looking as you have above then my steps are useless to you :)
Thanks Steve for the help. My intentions were to rid the large boulder of the shadow bottom corner and to introduce a little texture which I felt was lacking from the image. Admittedly a little overboard on the processing, just wanted to give it something rather than the bland look I felt it had, withought the texture the picture itself has nothing imo. Being honest, I like the first I posted and the second in my second post although this has a much cooler look to it and it was actually taken on a red hot day about tea time and full sun, which is why I went for the warmer look originally.
Thanks for all the comments.

CT said:
It definitely looked over processed. I quite liked it though despite it having a graphical look to it and there's certainly a place for that sort of effect as long as it's what you intended. :)
Thanks CT. :thumb: I processed until I was happy with it, but sometimes don't know when to stop. I do like the texture though. I have got a book from the library about computer image processing, hoping that will help once i've read it. :)

Back