Robin Chicks.

Bev

Name
Bev
Edit My Images
No
This robin family had nested on a shelf in the garage, and here it shows mum bringing a spider for lunch but it gets stuck on juniors face:puke:!! after a while, she decides to take it back and gave it to one of the bigger chicks.
All the chicks made it to leaving the nest and #2 shows one of the fledglings in the gargen.

mumandspider2.jpg

jrbramble2-1.jpg

Well done Bev ... :clap: ... a couple of lovely images with a great story behind them ... (y) ... is this your Chip 'n Pin set ... :shrug:

:p

Well done Bev ... :clap: ... a couple of lovely images with a great story behind them ... (y) ... is this your Chip 'n Pin set ... :shrug:

:p
Many thanks Dan, Madmitch and Venometer for looking, glad you liked them, and Venometer unfortunately No, this isnt Chip & Pin, i saw Pin in the winter looking very poorly, and i have'nt seen he since, Chip pined for a while but met a lass who took him off to her turf for the season, so he only comes back for a chat and some food, this pair arrived from no where and took residence in the garage, and i have had a wonderful time with them an their chicks.
Will post some more of them later.:D

i saw Pin in the winter looking very poorly, and i have'nt seen he since, Chip pined for a while but met a lass who took him off to her turf for the season, so he only comes back for a chat and some food

This still a robin we're talking about? :D I think you're doing the same as me - the other day I caught myself talking to the robin I was photographing :eek: :LOL:

Great captures as everyone has already said - I can't wait to see more!

Thanks Ewan, and yes a Robin im afraid, they love being spoken to, and im often found muttering away to mine, the neighbours are now used to me, and i have on the sly found my husband saying good morning to Chip!!!

:clap: well done :clap:

Love them, shame about the face hugger in the first picture though, it looks like it is crawling out of the chick!:eek::LOL:

Lovely pictures - made me jealous as no nests in range this year.

Good shots - how close were you in the first shot?

Approx 5 feet i would say, standing on a large bucket so i could have a good view of the nest on the shelf, i had a small lamp fixed up behind me, aimed at the shelf(one bulb) on a movable arm, so that i had some extra light, as i didnt want to use flash incase of startling them.

Back