Robin ISO3200

Edit My Images
Yes
I think he was saying that his cousin from Bath had been on the line, and was hoping u8myufo would be entering his picture in the latest challenge :D

200-400VR f5.6 ISO3200

Love the new Hair-do Martyn :D Lovely capture, thats the first time I have seen a ringed one at that.Robbie is on vacation at the moment but said he will try and get back before the deadline :D

Love the new Hair-do Martyn :D Lovely capture, thats the first time I have seen a ringed one at that.Robbie is on vacation at the moment but said he will try and get back before the deadline :D

I liked the hair style, obviously been done that morning in anticipation of the chap with the Nikon, wouldn't want to appear on the world wide web looking anything but your best ... I'll put this one down as a female then :naughty: :D

A fair number of the resident birds at Belvide are ringed.

Last edited:
Amazing shot for such a high ISO

Thanks, the Blue Tit one on my other thread is even more impressive, but that had the advantage of some sunlight to aid in defining the detail, which this one did not.

very nice shot, but imho it looks like there is a bit too much noise reduction, post shot?

very nice shot, but imho it looks like there is a bit too much noise reduction, post shot?

If you are judging that by the smoothness of the breast feathers, I can see where you are coming from, however there is little definition in this area on the original. The reason for this is the lack of any direct light, unlike the Blue Tit which had the benefit of some sunlight which aided in giving some relief to the feathers.

Thanks Phil, weird looking things face on, they take on an angular appearance, unlike their more rounded profile.

Yes, herons are a particular fav of mine for seeing head on! I can almost see what this little chap had for breakfast though :D

I think it is pretty good for such high ISO 'S that I wouldn t even attempt but for me it lacks the detail in the feathers and the noise in the background would bother me but if it was a rarity at least you know you could attempt a shot

Great shot Martyn, very unusual pose

I forgot about the robin comp, there was a few around over the weekend when I was in the woods never in the direction I had my lens pointing

I think it is pretty good for such high ISO 'S that I wouldn t even attempt but for me it lacks the detail in the feathers and the noise in the background would bother me but if it was a rarity at least you know you could attempt a shot

Hi Kaz, as I said in a previous post lack of definition is down to lighting, nothing to do with high ISO, if you compare this to the Blue Tit, which had some direct light you will see what I mean, both were shot at 3200, one has detail the other does not.

Photography is all about the right light, no matter what is being photographed.

If it was a rarity I wouldn't be able to get that close :D

Twice this weekend I have yomped along the back of the dam at Belvide, crawling up over the top to get a close shot of the Great Northern Diver, Saturday the light was awful, and Sunday the ******* thing swam out into the middle ... still you win some and you lose some :D

If you are judging that by the smoothness of the breast feathers, I can see where you are coming from, however there is little definition in this area on the original. The reason for this is the lack of any direct light, unlike the Blue Tit which had the benefit of some sunlight which aided in giving some relief to the feathers.

Oh I see, sorry :)

Hi Kaz, as I said in a previous post lack of definition is down to lighting, nothing to do with high ISO, if you compare this to the Blue Tit, which had some direct light you will see what I mean, both were shot at 3200, one has detail the other does not.

Photography is all about the right light, no matter what is being photographed.

If it was a rarity I wouldn't be able to get that close :D

Twice this weekend I have yomped along the back of the dam at Belvide, crawling up over the top to get a close shot of the Great Northern Diver, Saturday the light was awful, and Sunday the ******* thing swam out into the middle ... still you win some and you lose some :D

Its still impressive though at 3200 don t know if I would do as good with the 50D being having said that I have never tried and I agree its about the light it makes all the difference if you learn about different light situations

That's a cracking shot, nice one!

That's a cracking shot, nice one!

Thanks

Oh I see, sorry :)

Nothing to be sorry about, you made a valid observation

Its still impressive though at 3200 don t know if I would do as good with the 50D being having said that I have never tried and I agree its about the light it makes all the difference if you learn about different light situations

If you shine a light at a flat wall in the house, it will look perfectly smooth, put the light on the wall so it shines across the surface and it will show every little blemish.

Back