Robin Portrait

Edit My Images
Yes
Went down to my favourite birding spot today. Got some shots of this robin which (I think) are some of my best yet...

I realise that this is slightly over saturated but I quite like it this way :)

robin_portrait.jpg

As always, brilliant! Just I think the Robin could have maybe put some Gel on his tuft of feathers :LOL:

I'm looking forward to my new lens, should get me a little closer to some wildlife! :)

As always, brilliant! Just I think the Robin could have maybe put some Gel on his tuft of feathers :LOL:

I'm looking forward to my new lens, should get me a little closer to some wildlife! :)

Cheers :)

This robin has become gradually less scruffy over a few weeks actually. I'm pretty sure it's the same one as he's always in the same patch. This is what he looked like a month or two ago: http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t240/Ewansphotoalbum/robin12.jpg

What lens is it? The 55-200mm VR? Remember you still have to get reasonably close, but in parks and gardens (like where I shot this) birds will be very tame so you shouldn't have too many problems. Be sure to post some pics :D

crikey!
how are us mortals meant to cope after that!
well done you - phenomenal detail! (y)

Well its better than mine :LOL: looks like i will be taking another walk tomorrow morning aswell. Nice shot all the same, great detail and colour

Dave

Ewan I suggest you get someone to buy you a Photobox poster print or two while the offer is still on. This would certainly be one of the ones I would choose! It's excellent hon :clap:

Wow, thanks everyone!

David, just keep trying :D Took me months of going back to the same spot to get this :) Jo, I'm not sure how well it would print at that size as it's a crop - will definately get a print of it though.

Thanks again for your kind words - more from this set coming soon :)

Ewan - how about providng an on-line tutorial on photgraphing birds!

Im getting the 55-200mm VR Ewan, should be here in a few days!

I should be able to get quite close without a problem, we have a few families of blue tits in my garden and also a Heron that pays a vist every now and then :)

Great Shot Ewan! one to be very proud of, and now their moult has finished they will all be out soon showing their new suits off!

Thanks Bev - I'll try and get some more shots next time I go of this guy :)

Ewan - how about providng an on-line tutorial on photgraphing birds!

CT's the man for that :D - anyway, all I really do is focus on the eyes and shoot RAW...

It's a cracker! (y)

Thanks CT!

Im getting the 55-200mm VR Ewan, should be here in a few days!

I should be able to get quite close without a problem, we have a few families of blue tits in my garden and also a Heron that pays a vist every now and then :)

I'm extremely jealous. All we get is a pair of collared doves and 2 goldfinches that fly away the moment someone breathes within 10 feet of them!

Now that I like (background is a bit GREEN, but then...) :)

Now that I like (background is a bit GREEN, but then...) :)

And damn right too ... just how they should all be imgo ... :love:

Lovely image Ewan ... (y) ... you need to try and push yourself for something more challenging now as these seem almost too easy for you ... :naughty:

:p

Back